It's English breakfast time

kennywtelejazz

7 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Lol matter of opinion but compared to just about all of the world famous cuisines. If I were compare that cuisine to alcohol I'd say it's the Thunderbird of the cuisine world lol.. no big deal, it's just "food" 😎

There's plenty terrible food available in the UK. The secret is don't eat it. Eat the good stuff.

• Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

There's plenty terrible food available in the UK. The secret is don't eat it. Eat the good stuff.

What's good? It ain't sliced blood I know that lol. I haven't been there but as somewhat of a foodie I've had that cuisine stateside. But it's akways interesting to me what people's food tastes are and the different things they like. Like this guy I know who sips buttermilk like milk. 

Actually, it just occurred to me that one of my favorite dishes ever is Fish and Chips which originated in England so guess I answered my own question. What do you like to eat out there (assuming you're out there)? 

21 minutes ago, Starise said:

Kenny congrats on the new diet. Sorry I didn't mean to crash your post. It's really not worth my time to even comment on most of their BS.

I think the whole breakfast thing is mainly what we grew up with and are accustomed to eating. I think some of that UK food is odd but then I didn't grow up over there. Those pig blood sausages don't do much for me. Where I grew up we had  eggs and ham or eggs and sausage, toast, being from the south grits were a staple...which I love when done right. Corned beef hash with eggs is probably my favorite. Not a healthy meal but occasionally it doesn't hurt. 

I mostly don't eat breakfast in the morning during the week....up at 5am and out the door.

it's all good Starise  !

4 minutes ago, Starise said:

Kenny FYI, I have just subscribed to "Hello Fresh". They are based in NY. The meals are healthy and they send you all of the ingredients. There's something in there for everyone. Meat lovers, veg lovers etc. It is a little more expensive but then you don't waste time in the market buying food wandering around the lanes looking for the ingredients or burn gas (  UK petrol) in your car. An added benefit is you learn the recipes so you can make it from scratch in the future.

So far we love it.

Hey Starise ,

Basically  I'm lucky  in the sense  that when I found out I had heart problems  and borderline  Diabetes i took my diagnosis seriously enough  to  do my best to adapt  my life style over to better  health  empowering choices  ...it ain't easy some days ...I'm back in the gym and I live a mile away from one of the nicest produce markets in my area .

I went from eating all the typical overly processed foods to cutting a lot of that out and eating only fresh foods ...If I don't have the coin to stay fresh as far a meats go I will get some frozen salmon , chicken breasts , or what ever I may find to keep up doing what I'm doing ...

As far as what she is cooking in that video , I'm on track now a days to where I could get away eating something like that once in a while ...

I was more into her vibe  looks and way she carried herself ...move over nurse , french maid and playboy bunny , there a new fantasy girl in town 🤣

Kenny

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

My aunt dipped her toast in bacon oil and said only way to eat it!

I used to cook all my pork chops ,  sausages and some of my greens  in becan grease ...whew what a great flavor that added  .....

Memories all alone in the moonlight
I can dream of the old days
I was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again

Kenny

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

What's good? It ain't sliced blood I know that lol

Black pudding is actually quite nice as long as you pretend that you don't know what it is. I don't like it enough to go out and buy it for myself, but if I was served the breakfast in the video I would have no problem eating it and I'd eat it all day every day over pancakes and cremated bacon drowned  in syrup.

22 minutes ago, paulo said:

but if I was served the breakfast in the video I would have no problem eating it and I'd eat it all day every day over pancakes and cremated bacon drowned  in syrup.

Yeah it's about what you were raised on too. I was raised on diner pancakes w/ heavy syrup and the McDonald's bacon egg and cheese biscuit lol

3 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I was more into her vibe  looks and way she carried herself ...move over nurse , french maid and playboy bunny , there a new fantasy girl in town 🤣

Each to their own. 

I found her so intensely annoying that I had to stop watching after 10 seconds. But maybe that's because I'm British and she just seems like a self-satisfied, condescending, middle-class *****. 

1 hour ago, Wibbles said:

Each to their own. 

I found her so intensely annoying that I had to stop watching after 10 seconds. But maybe that's because I'm British and she just seems like a self-satisfied, condescending, middle-class *****. 

close your eyes , take a deep breath , exhale slowly  , pucker your lips  ...

0*LZA4hPuy97mTHS2h.jpg

MY

Santorini-donkey-credit-Klearchos-Kapout

Kenny

3 hours ago, Wibbles said:

It's a cute donkey, but why would I want to kiss it?

A very good question you have asked  .

Once the farmer decides to put on his hip high welly boots (or what ever you call them over there )    you will no longer need to climb on top of the backs of some of your sheep friends  like you have done in some of your other avatars to make your grand  escape over the chest height stone wall  ...

second best answer

Not only can that Donkey Kiss , That Donkey can Jump .🤣

third best answer

You think the lady in the video is annoying  ?

Once you date an American girl you sort of get used to the fact that she is gonna eventually get the Whole Gold Mine and you are gonna get the shaft ..

Having a good Donkey as low maintenance transportation can sure come in handy when it is time to pull an exit Stage Left

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 2