It's English breakfast time

kennywtelejazz

3 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Bottom shelf cuisine. 

Beans on toast ain't bad though w/ cheddar, black pepper and that HP brown sauce. 

I bought that sponge cake over 10 years ago just to keep on my bookcase. For the most part their food sucks. 

20200115_212220.jpg

Rough neighbourhood..?

CJ: I'm going out ma.....

Ma: Have you got your keys?

CJ: Yep.

Ma: Have you got your wallet?

Ma: Have you chained it up?

Ma: Have you got your knife?

CJ: Yep

Ma: Have you got your other knife?

Ma: Don't forget that the wallet chain can also double as a useful weapon.

CJ: I won't....

Ma:You could always take that heavy tin, just in case. You could cave someone's head in with that.

CJ: FFS Ma, I'm only going to my flower arranging class.

Ma: You can't be too careful.

CJ: Ok Ma.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Wibbles said:

What would be more helpful would be a video teaching Americans how to use a knife and fork properly.

Ya but we sure know how to make Raptors to send to the UK for YOUR protection. .Funny. I haven't seen an English Raptor??? 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.b4352b36eeabef41436cf6d098304ac6.jpg

• Haha 1

How are you supposed to eat one of those?

And no, you don't send those over for our protection, you send them over here for YOUR protection. ;) The reason the US has military bases in countries all around the world is not to protect those countries, but to protect the US.

"Countries don't have friends, they have interests."

4 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I posted this video in the spirit of a nice  young cute  energetic  lady who was willing to cook you a great  traditional English breakfast  and then pinch your sausage ...

How we got here I sure don't know,  either way  some of you guys need to lighten up .

Kenny

Kenny I have been trying to lose weight but you're not helping me wanting to watch the video 😉

2 hours ago, Wibbles said:

How are you supposed to eat one of those?

And no, you don't send those over for our protection, you send them over here for YOUR protection. ;) The reason the US has military bases in countries all around the world is not to protect those countries, but to protect the US.

"Countries don't have friends, they have interests."

Ok we'll pull our bases out of your area then.;) Apparently you don't know what NATO is.

Edited by Starise
  • Meh 1

1 minute ago, InstrEd said:

Kenny I have been trying to lose weight but you're not helping me wanting to watch the video 😉

Ed,

I'm in the same boat as far as dropping a few pounds and getting back into a heart healthy diet ..

Now a days I'm eating mostly vegetables and  other healthy substitutions  in place of what I used to eat .

What that means for me now  is I went from eating Becan to eating pork rinds to now eating Rice Cakes and tricking my taste buds into a big long game of pretending   ..lol

Kenny

Kenny congrats on the new diet. Sorry I didn't mean to crash your post. It's really not worth my time to even comment on most of their BS.

I think the whole breakfast thing is mainly what we grew up with and are accustomed to eating. I think some of that UK food is odd but then I didn't grow up over there. Those pig blood sausages don't do much for me. Where I grew up we had  eggs and ham or eggs and sausage, toast, being from the south grits were a staple...which I love when done right. Corned beef hash with eggs is probably my favorite. Not a healthy meal but occasionally it doesn't hurt. 

I mostly don't eat breakfast in the morning during the week....up at 5am and out the door.

• Thanks 1

@kennywtelejazz

My wife went  Gluten Free  7 months ago on doctors advice and we have been experimenting with recipes.   The GF has helped her tremendous so has been worth it but it is hard eating out.  This morning I prepared some Chop suey for tonight's dinner.  Most restaurants use soy sauce that is not gluten free.  Sad because the GF soy sauce taste the same and is the same price at the grocery store.

Anyway hope we both are able to lose the pounds in the new year :)

• Thanks 1

Kenny FYI, I have just subscribed to "Hello Fresh". They are based in NY. The meals are healthy and they send you all of the ingredients. There's something in there for everyone. Meat lovers, veg lovers etc. It is a little more expensive but then you don't waste time in the market buying food wandering around the lanes looking for the ingredients or burn gas (  UK petrol) in your car. An added benefit is you learn the recipes so you can make it from scratch in the future.

So far we love it.

Edited by Starise
  • Like 1