40% off Steinberg Nuendo 10

cclarry

Someone pointed out on another board you can crossgrade from another DAW (most of us have at least 2) for $420 if you have an e-licenser or $447.99 if you don't.  I don't know if they charge shipping on the e-licenser or where they are shipping from.  You can get one for the same price at places like Sweetwater if it is a problem. With this crossgrade, you don't lose your Cubase license.  Just a thought.....

5 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

Someone pointed out on another board you can crossgrade from another DAW (most of us have at least 2) for $420 if you have an e-licenser or $447.99 if you don't.  I don't know if they charge shipping on the e-licenser or where they are shipping from.  You can get one for the same price at places like Sweetwater if it is a problem. With this crossgrade, you don't lose your Cubase license.  Just a thought.....

Ya, I came up with the $420 price somewhere too. Now I can't remember where.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Bapu said:

Looks like the competitive upgrade does not mention that it replaces Cubase. I wonder if it does.

Was not something I thought about, since I do not own Cubase (I do own Cubasis for ipad, however, but it's not relevant, either). And FWIW, through the years when looking at Cubase I just never took a liking to it, somehow finding it more difficult than other DAW's to learn, or with limitations (despite the powerful featues they do have). I also am down on dongles. But I am doing a lot more video production now, and so Nuendo (which an old friend of mine has used for years) at a relatively low price for entry, is kind of tickling me in the wallet. Just sayin'.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:41 PM, Dzilizzi said:

Good to know.  I was hearing some things that made me wonder.  I couldn't believe that Cubase didn't offer the option but I don't see it in my version (CB 10 Pro).  In 2 years, my perpetual ProTools license runs out - I bought 3 years worth last June before the price change.   I refuse to trade in my perpetual license for an annual upgrade, but I'm not happy enough with any other DAW to totally dump it yet.  But Avid is making it really expensive to continue with the perpetual. 

I don't think that the Competitive Crossgrade replaces Cubase.  The Crossgrade FROM Cubase, at $240 DOES replace Cubase.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

I submitted my Ableton 10 Suite receipt to get the competitive crossgrade.  That way I can keep my Cubase 10.5 and add Nuendo.  At least I hope it works that way.  $420 in the Steinberg shop, but I have to wait for them to verify my submission before I can finish the check out.  Doubt they will do it fast since I ordered on Friday.  I couldn't find any retailers that sell the crossgrade version.

Long term I suspect I'll just switch to Nuendo.  It's video and game development features match up what I do better than Cubase.  But the fact they don't lead with new features in Nuendo makes no sense to me.

Of all the DAWs I suspect Protools is going to take the most damage from the COVID-19 shutdown.  All the studios that haven't been able to book clients for months are likely to fold.  Everyone is going with home studio rigs and Protools doesn't seem like a good fit for that.  I suspect Logic will have picked up a lot of new customers.  Maybe Avid may finally have to rethink their subscription/permanent license model.  I can't imagine what they offer now working out well.  Lots of people will just stop updating and realize there are at least a half dozen serious DAW contenders that don't need a $200/year  support contract.  Apple going ARM will only push that even harder.

9 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I submitted my Ableton 10 Suite receipt to get the competitive crossgrade.  That way I can keep my Cubase 10.5 and add Nuendo.  At least I hope it works that way.  $420 in the Steinberg shop, but I have to wait for them to verify my submission before I can finish the check out.  Doubt they will do it fast since I ordered on Friday.  I couldn't find any retailers that sell the crossgrade version.

Long term I suspect I'll just switch to Nuendo.  It's video and game development features match up what I do better than Cubase.  But the fact they don't lead with new features in Nuendo makes no sense to me.

Of all the DAWs I suspect Protools is going to take the most damage from the COVID-19 shutdown.  All the studios that haven't been able to book clients for months are likely to fold.  Everyone is going with home studio rigs and Protools doesn't seem like a good fit for that.  I suspect Logic will have picked up a lot of new customers.  Maybe Avid may finally have to rethink their subscription/permanent license model.  I can't imagine what they offer now working out well.  Lots of people will just stop updating and realize there are at least a half dozen serious DAW contenders that don't need a $200/year  support contract.  Apple going ARM will only push that even harder.

Avid offered free home use versions to people with a Studio version for 90 days.  There were some qualifications, but it was supposed to allow studio personnel to work from home.  Of course,  not sure how it works without all the plugins that are on the studio computers.   :)