Orchestral Tools LAYERS Free Orch Instr.

Hidden Symmetry

Their new store is a total lose as well.  I own all four Ark Kontakt instruments but there isn't anyway to register them or for them to even know I have them, since I bought them at Native Instruments when they were on sale.

I think sample developers just aren't good software developers.

I did finally get this all downloaded and installed.  It's worth getting for free, but I wouldn't pay for it.  I'm not sure an orchastra that only plays major or minor chords is all that usable.  It really is more of a taste/demo than something you could use as a final product.

• Like 1

I do have to give them some props for the SINE player.  It's really much better UI than Spitfire's BBCSO player.  The VST UI is resizeable (but not the stand alone).  It does multis.  Can't really tell how well it handles large instruments with just this free set, but it looks pretty nice.  The only thing wrong with it is the store and my licenses pages, they either don't load at all or are blank with no progress inside the VST version.  The stand alone version does seem to have progress and UI though.  Not sure if that's by design or what.  It's kind of weird.  In order to download anything you have to use the stand alone version to get to the my licenses page.

I do really like how you can move the key switches around.  The mixer page seems usable.  It has potential.  Doesn't seem to have presets for sections (though it does have a load/save for whole instance).  Certainly seems better than Spitfire's player at this point.

I want to give this one a try but I'm at my "work" workstation and not my music workstation. I should do a remote PC hookup here....great to read the results though.  It's FREE! 🤩 !> The site is overloaded😨!  Oh crap I can't find it 😩> there it is ! 😁> I like it 😎> I wouldn't have payed for it 🤨

Thank for the FYI ! Best of all.No dongle to dangle.

Seriously. I can see where this would fit well in a diatonic setting.

Edited by Starise
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Their new store is a total lose as well.  I own all four Ark Kontakt instruments but there isn't anyway to register them or for them to even know I have them, since I bought them at Native Instruments when they were on sale.

I think sample developers just aren't good software developers.

I did finally get this all downloaded and installed.  It's worth getting for free, but I wouldn't pay for it.  I'm not sure an orchastra that only plays major or minor chords is all that usable.  It really is more of a taste/demo than something you could use as a final product.

Think you can poke them via a support email to get that fixed?

A few months ago on one of the zillion threads on VI they mentioned something about knowing who bought their stuff (most likely from NI's registration system) and that it would somehow appear in the new store   I'm just hoping they haven't gotten around to it just yet and will work it out -- most likely when they start shipping SINE versions of those products (which I think is the plan but I'm not 100% sure of that at this point).

12 hours ago, cclarry said:

^^^definitely agree with this^^^

If I had paid for this, they'd be off my "good vendor" list immediately

I removed them for having a crappy website.  I remove developers where their boneheaded web developers remove you account but still manage to keep you on their mailing lists.

• Like 1

I left  a ticket with support a few days ago just got this-

"Your existing collections will be added to your OT Account at a later date.
We will send out an email when it is time to import your collections into your account."

Wish it was handled better,  don't like loose ends like this,  esp. on higher ticket libraries.

• Like 2