Channel Robot The Modernist Collection – Kalimba & Glockenspiel

cclarry

The Glockenspiel is really nice sounding, so it's worth checking out. Not sure about the Kalimba, as it is quite detuned, and may not be properly mapped to the appropriate octaves in some cases. Be wary though, the standalone may not be able to detect your ASIO device or find the sample library and so won't play notes.

Can anyone give an impression on what the related deal is like? Like, I have no idea what the Master is supposed to be, and the Vibes, I am guessing is a Vibraphone?

Edited by Freyja Grimaude-Valens
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Larr.  I've got a client that's obsessed with Kalimba (ever since "Somebody I used to know"), and the real units have funky tunings, and something never seems to match the sound in his head, so this will be another option to add to the pile.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

The Glockenspiel is really nice sounding, so it's worth checking out. Not sure about the Kalimba, as it is quite detuned, and may not be properly mapped to the appropriate octaves in some cases. Be wary though, the standalone may not be able to detect your ASIO device or find the sample library and so won't play notes.

Can anyone give an impression on what the related deal is like? Like, I have no idea what the Master is supposed to be, and the Vibes, I am guessing is a Vibraphone?

Thanks Larry and APD!

Hey Freyja, I am also a bit tempted by the related deal. The Master looks like it allows you to mix and match any of the Modernist Instruments to create your own blend of them, or as they put it...

The Modernist Master Instrument added – Use this instrument to select and mix and match any voice from any of the other instruments for whole new tuned percussion sounds.