Seen Better Days

Douglas Kirby

More "classic" Kirby here. A Gray Colored Sky certainly has a coherent vibe and sound.
If I had to put a "label" on it, I'd say mid to late sixties Ray Davies and the Kinks, but as I've
mentioned, more than once, you definitely have "defined" yourself, and such comparisons
really don't do you justice.
More good stuff from Doug, and I recommend everyone take a listen!

Tom

• Like 1

I too get that Ray Davies feel on this song.  I particularly found the guitar work interesting.   More specifically, I really liked the sound between the the rhythm (panned middle) and the bass.  Interesting sound of the guitars on the lead  and accent fills.  I like the interplay when both got going toward the end. 

Good stuff -- I enjoyed this very much!

I also enjoyed the guitar sounds and interplay on " Wanted To Be Yours".  Good power sounds!  Good vocals on this one also.

• Like 1

Douglas
Another great song - I'm just gonna copy and paste those 3 words from now on.  😀

One little nit I have is that guitar fill at 1:00 and 2:08 seems to come in on one channel only.
Just stood out to me.
The other guitar fill at 1:36 and elsewhere sounds more natural.
The slide sounds really good to me.

• Like 2

David Sprouse - Thank you very much for listening.

bjornpdx - I'm glad you liked the song - thank you very much for your ears - I'll give those instruments another listen that you pointed out sound like they are only on one channel.

Paul Bush - Thanks for giving my song a listen.

DeeringAmps - I'll check out those guitar fills - I'm curious as to what you and Bjorn are hearing there - cheers.

21 hours ago, ABull said:

Hey Douglas, how'd you get that kick to sound so good?  Very good mix on this and the song just pops in all the right places -- another good one, mate~~Allan.

Thanks for listening to my song.  The drums are AD2 and its the Fairfax Vol. I kit.  Also, I put the Waves Scheps Omni Channel on the stereo drum bus - it really made the drum track come alive.