Full toolbar display in Staff View

Jack kramer

Question

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Jack kramer said:

Greetings. I am unable to get the full toolbar to display in the Staff View. This makes it very difficult for me to write in MIDI. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance. 

The toolbar is now on the Control Bar as the Tools Module.  Pre-SONAR X1 it was in the top section of what used to be the staff view. I wish it were there still. Others use the Piano Roll View from what I see in the forum.

Clarification: Not sure this is what you mean, but here's the old style with the toolbar in the staff view pane and the new style, with the toolbar on the Control Bar.

image.thumb.png.0cce53d9da150510274ffeb67628dda8.png

image.png.aaa8fc013ad3ac28335fac5ad4f23ebf.png

image.thumb.png.67d14f1f89e4543e69778ab9cf9ce147.png

If someone knows of a way to get the full toolbar back into the Staff View pane/window, I'd love to have that myself.  I have looked, but haven't found a way, yet.

Footnote: If the Tools Module is what you were missing, in  trying to design a Staff View Workspace, I have hit on a couple of alternatives: (1) a floating Tools Module withing a full screen Multi-Dock Staff View and (2) a static minimal docked Control Bar.  I am sure there are others that could go into a customized Workspace.

If the Tools Module is not what you were missing, sorry if I didn't read into your question correctly.

(1) Staff View with floating Control Bar containing the Tools Module and the Markers Module (partial view)

image.png.c59c212a4c493eb085e54700202a8e95.png

(2) Docked Control Bar with Tools Module and Markers Module on the left side above the Staff View / MultiDock

image.png.bdf5c70d9913b1f457c5999a883b8263.png

Edited by User 905133
(3) to add screen shots as possible alternatives; (2) to add a footnote; (1) to add images (old and new), etc.