Erasing parts of midi

Rafal

Hi,

I have midi file with about fifty measures (bars). I want to erase first five measures, then leave five of them and then remove remaining forty and save resulting midi file (I need it to learn song piece by piece on Casio LK-280). I can erase notes but I don't know how to remove first five measures completely. I've tried selecting and pressing delete, selecting and using context menu or using eraser from the toolbar but it didn't help. How do I delete measures?

Thank you!

I may try experimenting with loops but first I want to be able to delete first five (now empty) measures and I don't know how. The Casio automatically restarts measures so using loops is not something crucial (although may be useful because of the delay between restarting track on Casio).

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 1

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly.
Split that MIDI clip at 5th measure and then delete an empty clip or just dragging left-edge of that MIDI clip to where you want (5th measure) or select measures what you need and then copy and paste to other MIDI track (delete original MIDI track).
or... Turn on the Ripple edit  at right-top on the track view and then make an area selection with dragging zero to five on the time line ruler and then hit Delete key. (Note: Please don't forget to turn off the Ripple edit if ripple editing is completed.)

• Thanks 1

Thank you! I was able to remove first five measures with Ripple edit but surprisingly I wasn't able to do the same with empty measures at the end of the track so on my Casio I have long silence after last note and it does not run automatically repeat (or rather I should say it does but after very long silence).

Also, sometimes Ripple edit just stops working, i.e. I remove last part and then I cannot remove the first part (leaving middle part untouched), even if Ripple mode is still turned on. Summing up, I have impression that it works only the first time I press delete.

59 minutes ago, HIBI said:

Split that MIDI clip at 5th measure and then delete an empty clip or just dragging left-edge of that MIDI clip to where you want (5th measure)

Can you, please, write something more on how to do that?

Edited by Rafal

To Split the clip - First select the track by dbl clicking the block  next to the Track number. *zoom out to make sure the whole length of the track is highlighted. Place the indicator line at the 5th measure - Hit the "S" key,  that will split the clip. Simply select the clip ( to the right  ) of the split point and hit delete.

This link has a basic guide :

Edited by RBH
  • Thanks 1

To split the clip, right-click the clip and choose Split on the context menu. (Ex. Make a selected portion with dragging the time line ruler and then right-click the clip and choose Split > "Split as selection")
or... if smart tool using, holding Alt key and click the split point at the clip. (You see that mouse cursor changes to scissors if hovering over the clip) 

There are some method to split, so find the method that works for you.

As RBH said, Reference Guide PDF and Online Documentation will be helps.

Edited by HIBI
  • Thanks 1