Trouble downloading the Instrument Definition List

Abel Masekoameng

Question

Hi

I want to use my Juno gi as a midi controller and for that purpose i have to download the instrument definition list for me to have the junogi-ins folder, from which I can import JUNO-Gi_Tone+GM2.ins into Cakewalk. Now the problem is that I can't open the folder. I've tried unzipping to no avail. I am using windows 8. If there is someone who has had the same problem, please help me.

Abel

1 answer to this question

I don't have a Ronald Juno of any type, but I do have a Roland.ins file which has patch banks with the following headers:

[JUNO-Gi GM2 Capital] , [JUNO-G GM2 Rhythm Sets],  [JUNO-G GM2 Var #1] and a number of other Variations of the "Capital" patch bank.  Here's where I found the Roland.ins file:

image.png.01f1f2045c498f4f92c2522a45aa3e3c.png

I don't recall where I got it.  I do have Roland.zip files that pre-date that one, but they don't have the Juno-Gi GM2 patch banks.  Perhaps you have the above file in the same folder?

Update: If you don't have it already, Roland.ins seems to be one of the files linked here, specifically "Download Instrument Definitions included with the latest Cakewalk software."

Edited by User 905133
to add a link