Tempo Maps

Why is it so darn hard to copy a tempo map from one project to another?  Is it me?  I see all this Alt-A stuff and copy to clip and copy to project, but I can see the tempo map and the listing of all times and changes.  I just want to copy that from one and paste it into the other.  Is that too much to ask?

I'm done venting.  Maybe I'll try to figure out how to put a feature request in unless there is a way to do this that someone can tell me about.  Thanks in advance!

Steve

• Like 2

I think the few times I've done this I saved the source as a .mid file (gotta strip most everything out of it), then opened
that and created the "new" cwp. Obviously this won't work file to file, but I too would like to know how.
Maybe its a copy "special"?
Steve Cook will chime in and "enlighten" us; hopefully! @scook That'll get his attention 😉

Tom

• Like 1

We have been asking for a tempo track for some time now, almost like a markers view that is able to export, import to other projects.

For now the work around is to create a project template with blank tracks (which holds all tempo data) and open a new project using this project template.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

I found a good way to do it.  It was the paste special that I did not know about.  Here is what I did: http://baselines.com/?p=5084

By the way it is not necessary to make a MIDI file/clip! You can simply select the measures of the tempo range that you want to copy in the timeline and then use copy special with only tempo changes activated. Then you can set the now time in the target project where you want to insert the tempo range and use paste (or paste special). Like that it is possible to copy a part or all of the tempo changes and insert them into any position in the target project!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

13 minutes ago, marled said:

By the way it is not necessary to make a MIDI file/clip! You can simply select the measures of the tempo range that you want to copy in the timeline and then use copy special with only tempo changes activated. Then you can set the now time in the target project where you want to insert the tempo range and use paste (or paste special). Like that it is possible to copy a part or all of the tempo changes and insert them into any position in the target project!

That's the way I do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1