NEW SSL USB Interfaces!

cclarry

I think we should be wary of believing manufacturer supplied latency figures...just because it can achieve that then it doesn't mean it's actually usable in the real world (clicks - pops - cpu etc etc)

simple rule to follow here ..... buy RME : )

24 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Am I the only one that wants a Main Out mute button? 

Definitely. With my RME FireFace 400 (old unit) the software mixer has the routing ability to mute the mains while the headphones are still active. In fact, it allows a different mix for the mains and a completely different one for the headphones. Both at the same time if you want. Or one or the other.

13 minutes ago, simon said:

simple rule to follow here ..... buy RME : )

I never would pay that kind of money for a simple AI. But I got one used at what I thought was a good price. It was still way more than I ever thought I would give for a AI. But this thing is outstanding. And it's all down to the drivers. Don't get me wrong, the hardware is top notch. But it's the drivers that they still supply for this older interface that sets it apart. And that's when I realized where all the money was going. I made a promise to myself to not buy any other AI again. The money spent on a new RME interface would be well worth it over the long haul.

But then a UA Apollo Twin came up used for a good price. I have not had the chance to try the Apollo yet, but I can tell you I ain't getting rid of the RME! : )

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

I don't like it but as an amp sim user who runs two or more sims simultaneously I need the best latency in the business as well as the best drivers and audio quality, so I'll shell out for an RME interface and not even bother w/ anything else. It's been pretty amazing what I can get out of the lowly 9632 but I do hit the ceiling with it sometimes, so the UCX should be a good step up. It costs several times more than these popular desk top interfaces for even a used one but it is what it is. Remeber the Mackie Onyx interfaces? I followed the driver nightmare that ensued with those for some folks for a while but I don't know whatever happened with them, but I wish there was something comprable to the RME stuff but a bit cheaper. 

• Like 2