NEW SSL USB Interfaces!

cclarry

Your SSL Studio

Engineered with 40+ years of hit-making history

SSL 2 and SSL 2+ are more than just USB audio interfaces – they are the heart of your new Solid State Logic personal studio. Class-leading mic preamps. Punchy instrument inputs. Studio-quality monitoring. Incredible SSL Production Pack software bundle. Then elevate your sound to the next level with unique 'Legacy 4K' analogue enhancement.

SSL 2 professional personal studio

• 2-in/2-out • SSL mic-pres • 4K Legacy
• 24-bit/192 kHz • Studio quality monitoring
• Single headphone output

SSL 2+ professional collaborative studio

• 2-in/4-out • SSL mic-pres • 4K Legacy • 24-bit/192 kHz • MIDI I/O • Output for DJ mixers • 2x independent headphone outputs

Includes the SSL Production Pack

The free SSL Production Pack software bundle includes a range of DAWs, virtual instruments, plug-ins and samples.

Learn more about the SSL 2 and SSL 2+ interfaces

• Thanks 1

still like the look of the MOTU M2/M4.  Cheaper and the M2 also has MIDI which the non-plus SSL doesn't have.

devil is always in the details - for me it would be, how good are the drivers ?  In my (limited) experience SSL don't have a good track record on that...plus they tend not to support that well going forward.

Good to see fairly realistic pricing though

• Like 4

Notice that they don't say a thing about drivers? Especially for Win10. What's the round-trip latency through a DAW when tracking? I don't care how good the hardware is, it's the drivers that make or break an audio i/f.

And I really dislike the physical design. Putting all of the controls on the top of the box instead of the front was not wise, IMO.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, John Maar said:

And I really dislike the physical design. Putting all of the controls on the top of the box instead of the front was not wise, IMO.

I personally agree, but I think that works well for the market they are aiming for - it " features unbalanced outputs for easy connection to DJ mixers" for example

I'm more used to rack stuff but angled or horizontal surfaces might work better on the average desktop.

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Notice that they don't say a thing about drivers? Especially for Win10. What's the round-trip latency through a DAW when tracking? I don't care how good the hardware is, it's the drivers that make or break an audio i/f.

For the Desktop user the design is better IMO.  With my Axe I/O I have to bend around and look at it to see what setting I'm using
whereas, if they were on Top, they would be "right there" for me.

We tend to "like" what we are used to, even if impractical in some aspects...
Both my iD4 and my Apollo Twin X had the controls on the Top and were FAR better,
and easier, to work with.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, Fleer said:

So. Is it made in Oxford?

less than zero chance IMO (but not mentioned in the manual and nothing in the photos)

it does have usb-c on it and comes with a usb-c to usb-c cable (unlike the motu) but doesn't have an LED for the phantom power :(

• Sad 1