Reverting Rendered Melodyne Clip

Bill Phillips

Question

What's the best way to restore a clip edited in Melodyne as a region effect and rendered thereby replacing (overlaying?) the original clip? See screenshot.

The rendered clip is overlaying (I think) and replacing the original clip (Ld Vcl T3 RX (Bounced, 259) shown in the browser. The two clips have exactly the same number of bytes. I tried importing 259 but that didn't work. I'm guessing that the original clip is "hidden by" the rendered clip but I don't know how to bring it to the top. I thought it might show up when I opened take lanes but only one take is shown.

2020-01-11.png

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, mettelus said:

Undo is preferred method. If that doesn't work and slip-editing doesn't either (been bounced), the original audio will still be in the project folder unless you intentionally deleted it. You can always fall back to that.

Yes. I was able to import the clip sent to Melodyne, but only after deleting the rendered clip in the track leaving a gap. The rendered clip is still in the audio folder just no longer in use.

Originally I thought that I could import the original clip over the top of the rendered clip but that seemed to affect adjacent clips. So I abandoned that approach  

Edited by Bill Phillips
clarity

22 hours ago, henkejs said:

This doesn't answer your original question, but I've had the same problem so I try to remember to use the Duplicate command to clone the track before using Melodyne. That makes it easier to recover the original clip(s).

Thanks, but I don't think duplicating the track is necessary. Region effects leave existing clips intact and create new clips that are used by the region effect. Rendering creates a 3rd clip. So you're left with 3 clips: The original clip; The one sent to the region effect; and The one rendered by the region effect.