Remote mix - "Chances Are" by John Hamman

Stxx

This is a song from a soon to be released 5 song EP by John Hamman and his guitarist Brandon. They are both very talented guys.   John and his band(s) recorded all the guitars and vocals  in another state .  For this particular song however, I  recorded and performed the drum tracks here in my home studio.  First I got a scratch guitar and vocal track and a tempo.  I then recorded the drums (in CBB to a click)  and sent the other 2 guys back a rough drum mix and they then tracked the rest  at their place using relatively cheap equipment.   I live over 8 hrs apart from them so getting together wasn't possible.  They then sent me all 5 completed tracks and I mixed and mastered the project.  This song is one of my favorites.   3 of the 5 tunes were tracked at a different more professional  studio with different personnel (including the drummer) and I only played the drums on 2 of the 5.  This was just completed a few weeks ago. That said, the playing and recording is actually better from the "cheap stuff" (john and brandon and myself on drums) so it just goes to show, equipment isn't nearly as important as the performance and maybe the producer watching out for the project during recording!   I had to do a lot of "fixing" on the 3 from the other "pro" studio because the engineer/producer just let way too much loose stuff get through.  That said, the whole EP came out pretty great!  I hope you all like this! CBB RULES!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mcmd said:

Thanks for sharing...very pro.

sounds good on MSP5's and JBL306's

Thanks!  I was hoping for this type of feedback! Good to know how our music sounds from other peoples perspective!