synthmaster not being recognized by cakewalk

Perhaps CbB has it in the Uncategorized category, or in some other unexpected category?

If you go into the Cakewalk Plugin Manager, can you see it there?  If it is indeed in the VST search path(s), then it will be visible in the Plugin Manager, either as a valid plugin, OR as an excluded plugin.

Bob Bone

38 minutes ago, Robert Bone said:

Perhaps CbB has it in the Uncategorized category, or in some other unexpected category?

Bob Bone

Bob's right (assuming the VSTi's are in a path searched by CbB ) that's where my version of Synth Master 2.9 and Sythmaster One were found

I am SUCH and IDJUT!  I completely forgot I have both SynthMaster and SynthMaster One.

I recently got them, along with 273 other synths and effects, and just did a swing and a miss.

Both SynthMaster and SynthMaster One are found in the Synth category, in CbB on my system.  What I cannot recall, is whether or not I altered the category from Uncategorized, to Synth - but certainly it would appear that you would find them in one or the other of those two categories.

Bob Bone

On 1/11/2020 at 9:53 PM, Robert Bone said:

What I cannot recall, is whether or not I altered the category from Uncategorized, to Synth

I looked in the default library.db which contains categories for some VST2 plug-ins. Synthmaster is not in there so when the plug-in is first added to the CbB VST Inventory it would be in the Uncategorized folders (there are FX and synth versions of the plug-in) when using the "Sort By Category" layout.

WRT the OP -

When looking for new plug-ins make sure to use one of the factory supplied "Sort By" layouts as they are the only ones dynamically updated. User built custom layouts must be manually edited to add new plug-ins.

The suggestion to look in the Plug-in Manager in the enabled and excluded Registered Plug-ins lists is a good one. This is done by running the Plug-in Manager and clicking on VST Instruments (VST2) in the "Plug-in Categories: column. To the right of this column the enabled plug-ins are displayed. To see the excluded plug-ins click the "Show Excluded" radio button below the "Plug-in Categories" column.

If the plug-in is in the excluded list, run a manual scan from preferences with "Rescan Failed Plug-ins" and "Generate Scan Log" enabled. After scanning make sure to disable "Rescan Failed Plug-ins" reset the scan drop down to your preferred setting. If is not listed, review the scan log.

Finally, if the rescan fails or the plug-in is not on the excluded list run a VST Reset using button on the same preferences page to completely rebuild the VST Inventory from scratch. If this is done, consider enabled "Generate Scan Log" when running reset to generate a complete report for every VST plug-in found.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...