ENDLESS Summer?

bayoubill

14 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

Will it be enough, though?

Even though nearly all the governments of the World accept that human driven climate change is going to have a devastating effect on the planet, they're still doing f*ck all about it.

Probably not. Because enough people won't do it. But that's no reason not to try.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:12 AM, Byron Dickens said:

The climate on this planet has been changing for +/- 4.5 billion years. 

Your observation is factually correct.

It's more instructive to ask - during which portion of those 4.5 billion years has there been 7.6 billion people cranking out carbon?

If that is our most recent slice of time (50 years or so) then maybe our current footprint is something to focus on.

In Before The Melt!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When the vast majority of climate scientists say if we didn't start it we are "throwing gasoline on the fire" and scientists have been caught taking multi-million dollar bribes to deny that we are the problem, and you choose to believe the deniers, what else can I say?

My dad was a printer and got an order for one of those inspirational posters you see in some businesses. This one said:

My mind is already made up
Don't confuse me with the facts.

Choose:

1) The world's scientists are in a conspiracy with no profit gain for that conspiracy

2) The fossil fuel companies are in a conspiracy with trillions of dollars profit to gain from that cospiracy

I think it's only logical to come up with the right answer.

Notes