ENDLESS Summer?

bayoubill

10 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

We didn't get washed away although I thought we were at one point

Turning everything back on and unpacking my guitars! 

now where's my Becan

I just found out my son's going to the LSU Clemson game ....without me   😭

One tragedy avoided, one travesty replaces it!  LOL.

4 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:
  1. Quit using your air conditioner - 45% of the power generated in the USA is for AC units --plus the AC units emit a lot of heat into the atmosphere
  2. Drive the most fuel efficient vehicle that fits your needs (not your wants) and drive it until it becomes a service problem (manufacture and transportation of new vehicles is very pollution intensive)
  3. Drive that vehicle with almost painfully slow, gradual acceleration, and when it's time to stop or slow down ahead, take your foot off the gas and slow by coasting - try to use the brakes as little as possible because it turns fuel you burned into heat. I get 100 extra miles per tankful this way plus everything about my car lasts longer.
  4. Plant trees and xeriscape landscaping, preferably with native species for your area. Mowers contribute to 10% of the CO2 emissions in the USA and with native plants you don't need to waste water and use methane producing artificial fertilzers
  5. Hang your laundry out on a line instead of the dryer except for things that can't go outdoors
  6. Wash dishes by hand instead of the dishwasher using a minimum amount of water and no electricity
  7. Use hand tools or at least non-rechargeable ones  for small jobs. Why keep a drill plugged in all year if you drill a dozen holes per year (and so on)
  8. Unplug or switch off always on appliances like your TV set when not in use
  9. Paint your roof white. A couple of different university studies determined that if everybody painted their roofs white, it would buy us 100 years by reflecting heat out of the atmosphere the way the ice caps used to
  10. Don't vote for anyone who is a climate crisis denier or who has taken campaign funds (tacit bribes) from the fossil fuel industry
  11. Consume less. Don't buy the latest fashions if your clothes aren't worn out. Don't buy blue jeans with holes in them already, it's a trick to shorten the life span of a durable fabric. Evaluate what you buy and decided whether it is want or need.
  12. Choose what you do buy wisely to include both locally sourced, and fewer disposable and/or plastic packaging
  13. Eat only 100% grass-fed beef. I know they tell you eating meat is a disaster, but that's a lie. Growing corn for the beef is the problem. Cows graze on pastureland that would take mega-amounts of water, fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides to farm, yet the cows can grow there with nothing but what mother nature provides. Besides for that Cornell University and the Environmental Defense fund did a study and decided that making artificial fertilizer emits 100 times more methane than all the cow farts and burps combined

I know this is supposed to be all music - all love. If we don't love the planet, our children and grandchildren won't be here to play any music or survival will be so difficult that music will be an unaffordable luxury.

I live in Florida, 32' above sea level (which is rare around here). Most of my gig customers live less than 5' above sea level. My own livelihood is also at stake.

Do what you can. If we all do a little, the end can mean a lot.

We may have gone too far already, the warming might be impossible to reverse. If that's the case, at least we can stall it off so our children won't have to go through extremely trying days.

Bob

Fooking ell, if that's what living is, just kill me now............😓

Now for another unpopular opinion....................building towns and cities only slightly above, or in some cases below sea level while still being very adjacent was always just asking for trouble as was setting up in wooden homes in places known as Tornado Alley.

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Now for another unpopular opinion....................building towns and cities only slightly above, or in some cases below sea level while still being very adjacent was always just asking for trouble

Let's hope they can find a way of making the Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium float.

31 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

Let's hope they can find a way of making the Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium float.

Dateline: 11th January 2037........BREAKING NEWS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The English city of Liverpool is now underwater due to rising tides........

Experts say that the flood water has caused an estimated £543 billion worth of improvements.

• Haha 2

It's great to do our part. I can't get away from car ownership due to my job.

There are so many factors concerning the weather and what causes it to do what it does. We seem to be into a warming trend now but it's gradual...very gradual. Then things swing back the other way....a very  large checks and balances is built in....or maybe said another way, nothing stays the same indefinitely on planet earth. Granted sometimes these changes are hundreds and thousands of years or more.Sometimes they are  short term.

On a smaller scale if it gets overly hot for a day or two we get rain in the summer right after that. The atmosphere is only capable of holding so much moisture before something has to give. Fires around the globe as in the recent ones in California and Australia affect the entire weather system. I hate to say it but doing the little responsible things are a very small rudder on a very large ship. I'm not suggesting it isn't ineffective. I see it as only slightly helpful in terms of the weather and what it's going to do. 

Several countries regularly use weather modification. How much this is actually affecting  the big weather picture I don't know. I believe that most of that is short term and doesn't have a huge effect overall.  

We certainly have a responsibility to do what we all can to make the world the best place it can be for our environment. I don't think this should affect plug in buying habits 🤔🎹

The way I figure it is this:

If 97% of the peer-reviewed, published climatologists in the world, from over 100 different countries that don't speak the same language, don't have the same political philosophy, and are ever economic rivals agree that humans are either the cause or are greatly accelerating the climate crisis, plus when a couple of the peer-reviewed climatologists have been caught taking $2 million bribes each from the oil companies, it's a good bet we are the problem.

That's better odds than a lot of other things we bet our lives and livelihoods on.

Anyone can call themselves a scientist and come up with all kinds of "alternative facts" but if they aren't published and peer reviewed they aren't worth anything. Peer review is the evidence of the concept.

Sometimes it's best to err on the side of caution. Besides, in this overly polluted world, it just makes sense to pollute less.

And the way I figure it is that if enough people do a little bit each, the impact will be a lot.

Insights and incites by Notes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

And the way I figure it is that if enough people do a little bit each, the impact will be a lot.

Will it be enough, though?

Even though nearly all the governments of the World accept that human driven climate change is going to have a devastating effect on the planet, they're still doing f*ck all about it.