Big Fish Momentum Sampler

cclarry

FREE

https://www.bigfishaudio.com/momentum.html?fbclid=IwAR1v_B9qfOFFyxRh6QBqRLa105imqirPvQ8tVwxjFu_oeRZEl7pUDdvblAs

Big Fish Audio has released Momentum, a free sample workstation for Win and Mac.

"Momentum is the next generation of KLI. This plugin is a powerful loop transformation platform that allows you to slice, stretch, change the key, rearrange, and compose from multiple samples and sources, as well as find that perfect one-shot inside your loop. You also have access to Big Fish Audio’s world-famous loop libraries right inside the plugin. And unlike other loop platforms, Momentum is completely free and doesn’t have any subscription fees."

Momentum comes with 1.8GB of free content and you can use previously purchased KLI packs within the plugin.

• Thanks 4

I recomment watching the video, as it explains how to get the content.

You have to install it in your VST Directory as the installer doesn't "ask" where
your VST are, just WHERE you want to install it. Then you have to open it in
your host (no standalone) and then log in to your Big Fish Account, or create one,
to get the free samples...

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

I've not yet watched the video through, but could this the sampler/loop slicer that Cakewalk has been missing all these years?

I think Beatscape and DropZone had real potential. Would have been nice to see them  really get fleshed out.

As for Momentum there's  no Rex support as of yet, No slicing by transients ( my preferred method) Gui text is very small and not resizable and a few other key features seem to be absent. This the 1st iteration so maybe things will improve in the near future.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

I think Beatscape and DropZone had real potential. Would have been nice to see them  really get fleshed out.

I concur with that, but would add RXP into the mix. An amalgam of all three would have been a pretty useful bit of kit.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, John Bohlen said:

Meh... it looks similar to the Loopcloud plugin. I don't use Big Fish Audio loop libraries since they explicitly forbid their usage in the creation of music libraries in their license. Bad business.

John you can use their loops in a music library.  This is the only mention of a music library in their license agreement:

If you use this product in the creation of a music library, or music intended to be included in a music library catalog, you cannot use the demonstration mix track files or recreate the demonstration mix track, you can only use the other files to create a derivative musical work.

10 minutes ago, steven bolar said:

John you can use their loops in a music library.  This is the only mention of a music library in their license agreement:

If you use this product in the creation of a music library, or music intended to be included in a music library catalog, you cannot use the demonstration mix track files or recreate the demonstration mix track, you can only use the other files to create a derivative musical work.

From the other brands that they sell, yes. But not from their own brand. Here's an example:

https://www.bigfishaudio.com/detail.html?1&24&1:1608:-513277:::::::::A1608&B-513277::1350

"PLEASE NOTE: The samples may not be included, whether unmodified or as part of a derivative work, in any music library or sample library product."

22 minutes ago, John Bohlen said:

From the other brands that they sell, yes. But not from their own brand. Here's an example:

https://www.bigfishaudio.com/detail.html?1&24&1:1608:-513277:::::::::A1608&B-513277::1350

"PLEASE NOTE: The samples may not be included, whether unmodified or as part of a derivative work, in any music library or sample library product."

Actually, they've clarified their policy on the forums a while back stating you can email them for permission and they will give it. Somehow they think this kind of strategy will cut down on abuse but it's still a flawed model and also the reason I stay away. Who wants the extra hassle? It's not as if I know I'm going to use their stuff until I start experimenting and composing at which point what a waste of my time if there's even the slightest chance they don't give me permission when I could've been using other samples in my work all along.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

Actually, they've clarified their policy on the forums a while back stating you can email them for permission and they will give it. Somehow they think this kind of strategy will cut down on abuse but it's still a flawed model and also the reason I stay away. Who wants the extra hassle? It's not as if I know I'm going to use their stuff until I start experimenting and composing at which point what a waste of my time if there's even the slightest chance they don't give me permission when I could've been using other samples in my work all along.

I can clarify this even further.  They did change the whole request for "special use" a while ago too.  you don't need to do that for Big Fish Branded products anymore, as you can see from the license agreement on this product: https://www.bigfishaudio.com/detail.html?532268.   The specific license agreement you posted John is only on a small collection of old Funk Soul Productions products.  Seriously look around at the big fish branded products a bit and you'll see none of them say that if they aren't funk soul productions.   Their new standard license agreement is posted that allows for music library use without needing to request any special use extras.

17 minutes ago, steven bolar said:

I can clarify this even further.  They did change the whole request for "special use" a while ago too.  you don't need to do that for Big Fish Branded products anymore, as you can see from the license agreement on this product: https://www.bigfishaudio.com/detail.html?532268.   The specific license agreement you posted John is only on a small collection of old Funk Soul Productions products.  Seriously look around at the big fish branded products a bit and you'll see none of them say that if they aren't funk soul productions.   Their new standard license agreement is posted that allows for music library use without needing to request any special use extras.

That's good. I guess Funk\Soul Productions need to pull the carrot out from their @ss. 😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, steven bolar said:

I was just going to edit my post as I do now remember seeing that change on the EULA last time I looked and the majority of them now seem to follow suite with what most every other sample developer does which is a good thing.