Hope this is proper forum-Audio interface question-advice

Pathfinder

1 hour ago, sven450 said:

Just to throw in my 2 cents:  I just moved on from an Octacapture due only to GEARLUST.  Now that I have a new interface, I am realizing how good the Octacapture was.  I went with a UAD Twin, which is great, but the Octacapture actually gave me slightly better latency.  The sound quality difference is negligible at best.  

Bottom line--don't sleep on the Octacapture, it is a great interface.  Also, anyone want a really good deal on a used Octacapture?

Good to know that.  Surely someone could welcome that.  If no takers,perhaps a church or school, or some young newcomer to  music production. :)

Both the UAD Arrow and Quantum 2626, and the pricier UAD Apollo Twin X Duo, all run at less than 2 ms latency, and the TB3 transfers at a blazing speed max of up to 40 Gb/sec.

Bob Bone

Latency really isn't an issue for me because I monitor thru a mixer. Only my vocals and all guitars are audio, rest are VSTS. Midi is big for me, as mentioned already.Since no one seems to have the Presonus 2626 I think this weekend I will do the wise thing and give my Octacapture a a good run thru. Mine is used only in the sense that I bought it. Only use was to make sure it worked. Otherwise it sat in the box in my A\C studio at home.

The Echo Layla 3G works fine with the PCI e adapter but I want the slot back for other reasons.

The octacapture is certainly much more flexible than the Echo. Both drivers are somewhat old though. But both work fine with Win 10.

Echo says use their W8.1 drivers and Roland has Win 10 drivers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Nelson said:

I'm not surprised... the company is out of business !

DOH! (and, yup)

I might be tempted to continue to use an interface who's company closed its doors.  I still use orphaned software, as long as it works, but only for recording, and not for live performance, just to play it safe on something causing me to have to abandon the evening and leave both audience and venue disappointed and pissed off - because of me using orphaned gear or software.

Bob Bone