Cakewalk Crashing

Marke Burgstahler

Question

I have a USB stick with the first set of my band at a recent show. It is multitrack, 9 songs. I've already taken the tracks for the first tune and did a copy/paste of the tracks into a new project, so I wasn't working on it while it was living in this large multi-song project. Worked fine.

Now I want to do the same thing to the second song - but now when I open the project, Cakewalk loads the plugins, creates the UI, but then Cakewalk crashes and closes. Here's my rig:

Windows 10, 64 bit...Intel Core i3 5015U processor @ 2.10 Ghz..16 GB RAM

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

3 answers to this question

Have you installed any new plugins?

This happened with one of my sessions and Voxengo SPAN was the culprit. It worked fine for ages, then I started getting this exact error. Everything loads fine, then the window just closes - no error box or error code.

I found the error via disabling it in safe mode. It's a bit of nightmare, but it definitely sounds like one plugin is messing with your session. I uninstalled SPAN VST3 and reinstalled the VST2 version and it fixed the issue.

Hold shift when opening a session and disable plugins one by one until you find the malfunctioning plugin.

Edited by Light Grenade
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

If "session" means project then yes, holding the SHIFT key while opening a project invokes safe mode. Safe mode allows one to skip all or some plug-ins while the project is opening.

Holding the SHIFT key while opening CbB does not invoke safe mode. This causes CbB to restore any files missing from the user directory.

If safe mode does not help check out this post

• Like 1