SampleTekk Crazy Weekend - 90% off Select Products

cclarry

Confirmed the demos now are working again after numerous attempts. They are some nice sounding pianos and I have a bunch of others for comparison.  I haven't seen how large the files are. I would imagine that these are not large libraries which would make them great for stage work using a laptop.

I can get more grit with a few of my others and then there is the Spitfire free piano if you want really a soft piano. They put felt between the hammers to get that soft sound on the Spitfire piano......still these are worth having just in case I want something that doesn't fit with the others.

18 minutes ago, Starise said:

I haven't seen how large the files are. I would imagine that these are not large libraries which would make them great for stage work using a laptop.

I just bought the White Grand (a Malmsjö Grand Piano) and it’s 4.95 GB unzipped. During Black Friday I bought the S.S.G. (probably a Yamaha C3 or G3) and that one was 3.16 GB. So my guess is that most of these first gen SampleTekk libraries are somewhere around those numbers.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, Fleer said:

TBO and 7C are two sides of the same piano. You can always get TVBO later, as it includes TBO Mk2 and 7CMk2. Better complete your Black Grand. 

Took your advice. It cost me more than getting another piano but there's no mention of the disk space needed for those behemoths.   I'm becoming more conscious of disk space these days.

On 1/9/2020 at 11:22 PM, Craig Fowler said:

Sure, these are old libraries, but they're samples of decades (sometimes century)-old instruments, so I don't really get their point. I guess if you're a classically trained pianist who's used to perfectly-maintained instruments, modern scripting can make a big difference. But, for most piano players, these old libraries should hold up nicely.

I enjoy pianos like I enjoy women... drunk and dirty... 

In all seriousness I like them best a few bangings and ambient temperature & moisture fluctuations after tuning, slightly off-tune. Possibly because that's the ballpark where they spend most of their time anyway. I also like clanky saloon-style pianos, the vulgar variety of tonally suffocated uprights whose body can't facilitate the burning passion of their spirit. So much to say, but an ugly mouth. It takes me places.

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

You will have to run these through Kontakt's compress and save.

Thanks for the tip, although I don't use Kontakt but am considering getting a handful of these for HALion.

Any ideas for generating pitch drifting and over/undertone peak level variance with some managed randomness?