SampleTekk Crazy Weekend - 90% off Select Products

cclarry

7 hours ago, Soundwise said:

It's not that I need another virtual piano, but there's always a chance to miss a sale on some outstanding gems. Any recommendations on Sampletekk?

The white grand and black grand are nice instruments. Tubed Keys is fun.

@synthmeisterI get the sense that the folks at PW just don't like Sampletekk much. Sure, these are old libraries, but they're samples of decades (sometimes century)-old instruments, so I don't really get their point. I guess if you're a classically trained pianist who's used to perfectly-maintained instruments, modern scripting can make a big difference. But, for most piano players, these old libraries should hold up nicely. The Old Lady is still one of my all time favourites, and I have no shortage of much newer options!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Only missing one one of the Black Grand perspectives.  Do I go with it for $13.90 or the TBO or 7C for $9.90?

TBO and 7C are two sides of the same piano. You can always get TVBO later, as it includes TBO Mk2 and 7CMk2. Better complete your Black Grand. 

• Like 1

As far as I can see, the demo links at SampleTekk doesn’t work in Firefox, but they do work in Chrome (at least for me). The problem seems to be that SampleTekk doesn’t expose the SoundCloud player directly, but is wrapping the links into an internal player which doesn’t work with Firefox. The easy solution is of course to open the SampleTekk site in Chrome instead.

Edit: All of a sudden the never-ending "Waiting..." (or was it "Loading..."?) messages next to the demo tracks in Firefox have disappeared and the player links have started to work there as well. Whether it was a temporary thing or maybe that some fix now has been done at the site, but the SoundCloud player problem now seems to have disappeared.

Edited by Canopus
  • Thanks 1