My Ferengi kitten

Michael Vogel

We found out not to long ago our little Tabby who wasn't 5 years old had cancer and spread. My wife was/is devastated that we had to say goodbye to her. That little tabby was my wife's buddy and most nights slept on the end of our bed.  She would follow my wife around the house and always would camp out close  by, especially when my wife was scrap-booking.  

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Keni said:

Very sweet!

We hope she will be.  She is a purring machine and right now we have her separated form our dog and 6 year old cat.  We think the dog will have a blast with her as Maddie loves to play. Unfortunately the mature cat bonded with the cat we lost due to cancer recently.  It shall be interesting to see how "Boo" reacts to new kitten. The kitten will try to play with her, she is very social and we hope "Boo" accepts her.  If not "Boo" will hang out in her Owners bedroom aka my daughter :D.   Boo is more like a sad puppy when my daughter is at school.    The cat that we lost would seek out Boo where ever she was and they would sleep together for afternoon naps.    Last night we had the new kitty in our bedroom for the evening and she settled down and was on the bed with us.  Today my wife and daughters are going to try and introduce the doggie to the kitten. I miss the fun time of this as I'm at work now :(   

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

We hope she will be.  She is a purring machine and right now we have her separated form our dog and 6 year old cat.  We think the dog will have a blast with her as Maddie loves to play. Unfortunately the mature cat bonded with the cat we lost due to cancer recently.  It shall be interesting to see how "Boo" reacts to new kitten. The kitten will try to play with her, she is very social and we hope "Boo" accepts her.  If not "Boo" will hang out in her Owners bedroom aka my daughter :D.   Boo is more like a sad puppy when my daughter is at school.    The cat that we lost would seek out Boo where ever she was and they would sleep together for afternoon naps.    Last night we had the new kitty in our bedroom for the evening and she settled down and was on the bed with us.  Today my wife and daughters are going to try and introduce the doggie to the kitten. I miss the fun time of this as I'm at work now :(   

Especially at that age, they are non-stop balls of fun so it's great to have shifts with them! 😺

57 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

They would eat it too if you were to drop dead with them locked in the house.

Growing up an elderly lady passed away with cats and we found her laying in bed with her three cats all laying by her not trying to eat her as you say. 🤨
We had a key to her house and her son who lived 20 miles asked us to check on her as she wasn't answering her phone.

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Growing up an elderly lady passed away with cats and we found her laying in bed with her three cats all laying by her not trying to eat her as you say. 🤨
We had a key to her house and her son who lived 20 miles asked us to check on her as she wasn't answering her phone.

Sorry you had to go through that.

Edited by Wibbles
Clarity

I can’t imagine what I would do if one of our 3 girls wasn’t there. They give so much affection and demand so little. I can watch their antics for ages.
Missy (This little one in the vid) has formed an attachment with me like no other before. She’s had a bit of a hard road coming into a house where there’s 2 adult desexed female sisters (Buttons & Noni) who haven’t spent a moment apart. They get on pretty good now but she sticks to me like baby p*o on a blanket. It’s amazing how they work out a way to get on with one another. 

Edited by Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL)

Our oldest lady gets 21 years this summer. Most of the time she stays in my room on the easy chair, so to me there is only the office chair left! 😊

It is interesting that all of our 4 cats prefer the relation to us humans and the other cats are no real friends to them, even they accept the existence of the other ones! It proves that cats are loners, except when they are young.

Cute cat, looks very much like my last dearly departed cat. I have to admit, I'm a cat person and I like my cats bad and high strung. Haven't got a new cat since the last one passed, but there is a neighborhood cat that sits on my window everyday and stares me down until I feed him.  When I feed him, he never fails to hiss at me just to let me know there won't be any touching, it's been a few years now so I don't see any Ferengi lobe love going on in that relationship.