What is the best option to run Cakewalk on Mac?

Rick1

Question

Hi guys! Long time Cakewalk user here. I just bought the newest mac running Mac OS Catalina. For 15 years I have been using Cakewalk and I can't see myself using any other DAW. I so wish there was a Mac version, but I know sadly there is not. Does anybody here has experience in doing this?   I greatly appreciate any clear route to using Cakwealk on Mac, but I would love to hear any  success stories. Are you currently running Cakewalk on Mac? The Bandlab version? Previous Versions? Please help! Thanks to everyone here.

Edited by Rick1

2 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Rick1 said:

Hi guys! Long time Cakewalk user here. I just bought the newest mac running Mac OS Catalina. For 15 years I have been using Cakewalk and I can't see myself using any other DAW. I so wish there was a Mac version, but I know sadly there is not. Does anybody here has experience in doing this?   I greatly appreciate any clear route to using Cakwealk on Mac, but I would love to hear any  success stories. Are you currently running Cakewalk on Mac? The Bandlab version? Previous Versions? Please help! Thanks to everyone here.

I have no experience of doing this, but the last studio I worked at, one of the engineers had a macbook that was 'bootcamped' and it seemed to work ok. That enabled him to use Logic on the apple side, and windows utilities on the other.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/boot-camp

• Like 1