Waves 48 hr Flash Sale - SSL

cclarry

3 minutes ago, Peter Freimann said:

I wonder how good is this deal - how would you compare Waves SSL with - lets say - plugin alliance SSL E/G plugins or McDSP channel strips ? 

Waves was the first company to have an "Official" SSL product line...
they are quite good.

If going for the personality of the original SSL consoles I think they are great. McDSP has other combinations.Not really better or worse, just different. All emulations of hardware. Waves has a nice emulation of the original Abbey Road consoles as well as a more generic but no less effective plugin is Scheps Omni Channel. Probably more versatile. It's more a swiss army knife that can be adapted to different situations and not a direct emulation. For the money the Abbey Road TG Mastering chain is one of my favorites. There's also the CLA Mix hub. It can be slightly complicated to set up for a newb since it send to and shares with other channels to get the effect of a real console. The effect itself is very subtle.

Not really better or worse, just different.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter Freimann said:

I wonder how good is this deal - how would you compare Waves SSL with - lets say - plugin alliance SSL E/G plugins or McDSP channel strips ? 

On a completely different note, I bought Arturia's Analog Lab 4 from a certain Peter Friemann over at KVR and have to say I'm very happy with it. 👍👍👍

Edited by Mesh
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Peter Freimann said:

I never use my Waves E - Channel strip

Not that it isn't decent, but something like the Omni-Channel just provides so much more at a similar quality level.

The Waves SSL bus compressor is above average though.  

I hope someone other than WAVES develops something as good as the Omni.  The SSL Channel Strip is basically a dime a dozen these days.

Edited by Brian Walton