Does Calewalk by Bandlab work with Windows 10

kajunjeaux

Question

I was running a old version of Cakewalk on my old computer, but my computer crapped out and I can't find the Cakewalk CD . My questions are:

1) Can I download and run Cakewalk by Bandlab without having my old program operating on my new computer?

2) Will Cakewalk by Bandlab work with Windows 10

3) How do get the download link.

P.S. I downloaded Bandlab-assistant-windows-exe, but when I click on it, it starts to load, but stops half way through. When I tried trouble shooting, I was told it wasn't compatible. Got any ideas?

1 answer to this question

The only reason you would need your old Cakewalk is if you need any plugins that came with it.  That being said, if the required plugins that came with your old Cakewalk are only 32 bit, then you might want to give them a miss and find 64bit alternatives.  Using 32bit VST plugins, while technically possible, can result in a less than stable installation.

Cakewalk by Bandlab does not require your old Cakewalk to install.  You can install Cakewalk by Bandlab on your new PC and have that as your only DAW.

So, yes, Cakewalk by Bandlab does work with Windows 10.  However, it has to be the 64bit version of Windows.  32bit operating systems are not supported. Cakewalk by Bandlab supports Windows 7 SP1 or above.

Also, you might want to make sure your Windows 10 PC has all updates installed and that you have the latest drivers for all of your hardware.  Confirm this with the manufacturer's websites rather than rely on Windows updates.

Note: you did download the correct file.

Edited by Promidi
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1