Missing MIDI input events

sanfords

I have been enjoying Cakewalk by Bandlab as it gave me access to stuff I couldn't get with SONAR X2 Essentials and they have made significant improvements to the product.

I then bought Keyscape to enhance my Omnisphere synth and found my machine simply could not handle the 77GB of sample space on my small hard drive and the high demands on RAM.

So I swapped machines and reloaded all my music software onto a faster machine with more RAM and a larger HD.

This is when I began to notice intermittent loss of MIDI input events.  I have a Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404 audio interface and I have tried using several different USB ports with no luck.  Sysinfo is provided.

This has made it impossible to record live MIDI playing for me.

I am also having frequent dropouts of the interface - it just stops working and I have to disconnect and reconnect it to get it reset and many times restart SONAR.

I am running my projects with 44100 hz 16 bit depth - standard CD settings.

I am using ASIO mode for the audio and tried other modes, nothing better found here.

For MIDI devices I am in MME mode.  I tried UWP mode with no luck.

HELP!

mySysInfo.nfo

Yes.  My Alesis 6.1 is plugged into the MIDI ports on the UMC404.  I know the signals are getting there as most of them do and I see the red light flash each time I press or release a key on the keyboard.  The UMC 404 is plugged into my PC via USB.

3 hours ago, sanfords said:

I recently discovered that my PC was set to 44000 hz sampling rate while my projects were trying to use 41,300 hz so that is now fixed in that the PC setting is now  41,300 hz

Those sample rates definitely sound non standard.  I would have expected one of these: 44.1khz, 48khz or 96khz