Jump to content
FIlipe

MIDI Controller Stopped Working suddently.

Recommended Posts

Hi. 

I´m brazillian, so sorry for my english.

So let me tell you my problem: 

My midi controller was working  normally and suddently stop working.   The setup is ok, nothing changed. I restarted de PC many times and nothing. I change de USB door, but nothing changed.

When I try the plug ins out of cakewalk , works normally. In Ableton live too. But nothing happens on Cakewalk.  

My MIDI Controller is a M-Audio Keystation 49.

I have a close  Deadline to 5 songs, and all of them are projects in advanced state. So I just could't start again in another DAW.

I tried to Export to OMF, but there's An error that I can conclude.

I tried to freeze my midi tracks to transform them in audio format, but some of them just don´t change (stays in MIDI)

It's becomming really hard to work.

 

Someone could help me?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if your devices connected to USB ports on your computer, changed - like a device was added or removed, or moved to a different port.

IF the USB ports and the devices connected to Windows through them, changes, it can result in Windows internally changing its numbering identification of which device is in which USB port, and this has for many many years, confused Cakewalk (and in Sonar before it became Cakewalk by Bandlab).  So, IF that happened, and IF Cakewalk by Bandlab got confused, then that could explain why you aren't seeing your midi controller working properly in Cakewalk.

You can either try to get the USB-connected devices back in whatever ports they were in before (which might not be easy, if a bunch of devices got moved around to different USB ports, for some reason), OR, you can try the following steps, to see if that corrects the problems you are having:

01) Open the project you are having these midi controller issues, in Cakewalk

02) Go to Edit > Preferences (or you can hit the keyboard shortcut of typing the letter 'P' on your computer keyboard)

03) Once in Preferences, click on Devices, under the MIDI category.

04) Remove the check from your midi controller, so that it is no longer a valid Midi Device for both Inputs and Outputs, and click Apply

05) Back out of Preferences

06) Save the project, now that your midi controller has been removed as a Midi Device

07) Exit Cakewalk by Bandlab

08) Now, restart Cakewalk again, and open that same project

09) Again, go into Preferences, and click on Devices under MIDI

10) Add you midi controller back in as a valid Input and Output midi device, and click Apply and OK

11) See if your midi controller now functions again in the project

12) Don't forget to Save (if the controller is working again, I would hit Save right away, to preserve your changes that brought back in your midi controller.

 

What the above steps do, is cause Cakewalk to first remove the midi controller, then add it back in, and when it adds it back in, it has the current internal assignment that Windows has for that midi controller, so that if indeed it HAD gotten its internal referencing by Windows changed, it hopefully will now properly be able to associate your midi controller to the entry in Cakewalk Preferences.

Bob Bone

(Please note that I suggest that since your primary language is not English, that you use Google to Translate my post here, into your native Brazillian, so that you can read it easier.  To do that, select the text of my post, then right-click and then click on Copy.  Then, open a Google Chrome browser tab, and type in: Translate English to Portuguese,  and hit Enter.  Then, Paste the text from my post into the text box window that says  Enter Text under English.  You should then see my English automatically translated into Portuguese to the right.  Perhaps that will be easier for you to follow my suggested steps to resolve your issue).  To be on the safe side, I am going to paste below, the translation of these steps I have included on doing the translation, so look below this paragraph to read these instructions in Portuguese:

In Portuguese: 

(Observe que sugiro que, como seu idioma principal não é o inglês, você use o Google para traduzir minha postagem aqui, para o seu país de origem, para facilitar a leitura. Para fazer isso, selecione o texto da publicação e, em seguida, clique com o botão direito do mouse e clique em Copiar. Em seguida, abra uma guia do navegador Google Chrome e digite: Traduzir Inglês para Português e pressione Enter. Em seguida, cole o texto da minha postagem na janela da caixa de texto que diz Inserir Texto em Inglês Você deverá ver meu inglês traduzido automaticamente para o português da direita. Talvez seja mais fácil seguir as etapas sugeridas para resolver seu problema). Para garantir a segurança, colarei abaixo a tradução dessas etapas que incluímos na tradução; portanto, veja abaixo este parágrafo para ler estas instruções em português:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert, thank you! I am a Cakewalk user since version 2.0 and had this issue pop up. I tried everything I could think of, and this was the only thing that actually worked!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dustyoday said:

Robert, thank you! I am a Cakewalk user since version 2.0 and had this issue pop up. I tried everything I could think of, and this was the only thing that actually worked!

AWESOME! Very happy that got you back in business.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please edit the 1st post in your thread, to add "(solved)" to the subject line,  so folks can see a solution/workaround fixed the issue. 

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...