CW Support thinks my email is spam??!?

Skyline_UK

How do I communicate with Support when my email is bounced as 'spam' ???

"Message not delivered  

There was a problem delivering your message to support@cakewalk.com. See the technical details below.

LEARN MORE

The response was:

Your email to group support@cakewalk.com was rejected due to spam classification. The owner of the group can choose to enable message moderation instead of bouncing these emails. More information can be found here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/168383."

I found another page inviting emails for support but that says:-

We're sorry to learn we were unable to answer your question. Our support team is here to help! Please send us an email if there is something we can assist you with further.

Under Construction

We're sorry, this part of our website is currently undergoing maintenance. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try back again later. 

Come on guys, support now nil?  What happened?

What happened is that while BandLab does support Cakewalk, apparently "support@cakewalk.com" is a broken email address and therefore not a good way to contact them.

Looks like the way to get help from the company is via https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new instead of support@cakewalk.com

Support@cakewalk.com is referred to several times on BandLab-owned websites as being a valid way to contact support for Cakewalk, so they should either get rid of that or make it a valid means of contact.

• Like 1

Hey guys, we're experiencing a really strange spam filter issue that has cropped up across a few google suite email addresses, we're looking into this as we speak.

@Skyline_UK please feel free to p.m if something went wrong with that Help Centre link.

@Chris Jones - 3 weeks to respond to you is absurd and not acceptable, thanks for mentioning it - we are making some improvements internally in the way the support team is set up to improve technical support as we get 1000s of tickets a week right now, so I apologise and hopefully this won't happen again.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:41 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Support@cakewalk.com is referred to several times on BandLab-owned websites as being a valid way to contact support for Cakewalk, so they should either get rid of that or make it a valid means of contact.

well, they own the cakewalk.com domain, so setting up an inbox for every email sent to that domain (or even address-specific inboxes to exclude random stuff) is a trivial matter, technically

According to what M posted (kinda James Bond, isn't it?), support@cakewalk.com should work.

Dang, 1000's of support tickets. In one way that's actually great news, in another....whoa.

(I just hope that very few of them are people wanting help with Sonar X2)

Have we passed the test here on the new forum? Can we get a link from www.cakewalk.com? Maybe we can take some of the load off. The link from the Help menu in Cakewalk is pretty fab.😊

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently support@cakewalk.com got better - my results went from "not home" or equivalent, to a response in a few hours - quote: "Thanks for reaching out! We have received your message and a member of our team will get back to you really soon. If you'd like to add any additional comments, you can simply reply to this email."

I just sent that email about 10am, checked email about 4 hours later. Thanks to scook on this thread

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/1195-i-lost-all-my-bt-plugins-that-came-with-sonar/

I'm just getting back into media production (mostly hobby this time) after about a 7 year hiatus (starting with retirement) and it's gonna be a bit of a challenge - new computers, new OS :=(, new(ish) software, LOTS of older hardware...

So this is kind of a "pre" apology for becoming a major PITA with my questions - been in the tech fields since 1967, so hopefully they will NOT involve answers like "is it plugged in"...

Anyway, so far this board seems NOT to be populated with "a bunch of 10-year-olds masquerading as adults", which is always a good start for cranky 74-year-old farts like me :=))

Glad to be here... Steve

• Like 1