Canadian bullying :-(

S.L.I.P.

At least I learned something from this thread! I had never heard of The Mystery, just listening to them now. Pretty cool, especially that I am living in Quebec, Canada where they come from! 😲 A little less rock than Rush, more in the Saga style. As for the rest of this thread, go ahead and have your fun! 😎

Every year a large number of French Canadians come to the 600 spot RV Resort where we play twice a month. They are great to play for, they seem to love life more than we US people do. They dance all night, laugh a lot, and are very warm giving us multiple hugs and kisses on both cheeks. Some of them have invited us to stay in their homes if we get to Montreal.

I've been to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Labrador, Quebec, Ontario and Yukon the Canadians have always treated me like a welcome guest.

We play Steepenwolf and BTO to the Canadians, and they hit the dance floor enthusiastically for some of those songs, especially "Taking Care Of Business."

Notes

I just went to see Natalie McMaster in concert with her family. She doesn't play in this video but they all can play well......Lots of great talent and people in Canada!

The music from their area has blended with Traditional Irish and Scottish folk music and has become it's own genre.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:33 PM, Tezza said:

I'm not going to bite because Canadian bullying doesn't affect me. I would say that all the Canadians I have met have been very nice people. Just like the Vegan thread though, this should not really exist under forum rules. It's not very respectful to Canadians and it's not music related. It is possible no one will take offense, but they shouldn't have to.

I didn't like the vegan thread, I wanted it gone. However, I didn't complain to the moderator, last time I did that nothing happened so the only way I know to close down a thread is to troll the s#@t out of it, and then the thread will be shut down. So I guess that means...I won! ha ha ha. Meat eating Canadian haters lose again!!!

I am going upstairs to do some serious posting, since Kenny machine gunned my reputation...not cool Kenny! Kenny and I have had a feud running ever since he insulted my daughter some months back, if only I had an actual daughter, but if I did, what he said was reprehensible.

2vv1tr.jpg

Kenny

Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a light-bulb ?

A: Twelve. Four to form a Parliamentary study committee to decide how to solve the problem, one Francophone to complain that I didn't translate this joke into French, one Native Canadian to protest that the interests of Native Canadians have been overlooked, one woman from the National Action Committee On the Status Of Women to say that women have been underrepresented in the process, one to go over the border to the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall and buy a new bulb and not pay duty on it on the way back, one to actually screw it in, one to collect taxes on the whole procedure so the government can afford it, one to buy a case of Molson for everybody to drink, and one to drop the puck.

• Haha 2

OK a note of seriousness here in the middle of all this delightful seriousness.

If you ever get to Montreal on a Sunday, do go to mass at the Notre Dame Cathedral whether you are Catholic or not. And go for the mass that features the organ and full choir. I'm not really religious and I seek out music in churches all over the world, no matter what the faith is, and the choir at Notre Dame is probably the finest I've ever heard. In second place was a choir in Vienna.

Also McGill University has a great student symphony orchestra. It has always been my opinion that for some pieces, a youthful orchestra is better than a seasoned professional one because some symphonies require the youthful passion and energy, and the McGill students have that plus great technique.

Now you may return to this forum's trademark silliness.

Notes

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1