CLA MixHub intro / Waves

Hidden Symmetry

10 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

In Cakewalk and Cubase CLA Mix Hub (vst3 version) gets the track name from the DAW.  In that video it looks like he had to type the track names by hand.  Is that a Studio One problem?

Yeah I noticed that, this is on the Waves website...

Important Notes:

• Tracks names with illegal characters (other than ASCII character format) will not recall their bucket assignment.
  • Bucket assignment in BandLab is not supported.
  • Opening a plugin within the CLA MixHub insert point is not supported in Studio One.
  • Bucket View in the CLA MixHub is currently not supported in eMotion LV1, SoundGrid Studio and MultiRack.

I think the Studio One addition in the notes is recent as I don`t remember seeing it on release day.

Edited by rasure
spelling
  • Thanks 1

Briefly tested a current project, could be I missed & overlooked features but my first impression is this:

I like the concept, the quality of the plugins are good. I could see it useful starting a project from scratch. In my case the problem arises when there's specific plugins needed. It would benefit from having the insert feature that the Scheps Omni has, at least for using other Waves plugins keeping it contained. When a different mfg's is needed (which is usually the case) I find myself frustrated with jumping back & forth to the daws channels, inserts, busses...a workflow killer,  not configurable for the signal flow needed.

I also wish the buckets were not limited to 8 tracks. I can easily have more than 8 for certain sections like guitars while mixed drums, bass & perc might only have 4 tracks. This also might apply to orchestral sections as well (although I wouldn't typically use ssl for orchestral.)

I also thought it would include some type of ssl bus comp that many would typically  use on the bucket outputs (groups, busses) & for the mix bus. (solo buttons needed on those bucket outputs as well) 

If I have more time I'll do a project start to finish , that experience & the final mix will tell me more.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

Well Fleer , the good'thing about the ssl old'version is that it sounded good enougth at a ridiculous cpu hit ...

i inow waves knows how to lower cpu , waves omnichannel is an exemple of great sound and efficiency ...

i wonder if it s the buket or oversampling or simply a way to force people to buyz their dsp ...

Back the way guyz , can you reach other waves plugin via the insert ...? All i see is my v10 plugins but my v9 mercury bundle isn t showing ...so my only insert option is abbeyroad mastering console aka imma kill your cpu twice ...

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, msmcleod said:

When it says "Bucket assignment in BandLab is not supported.", what does this mean?

Does this mean you can't use buckets at all, limiting you to 8 tracks, or does it mean it assigns it for you based on your track number?

When you reload the project none of the bucket assignments are restored.  Everything is unassigned, with one track assigned to bucket 1.  I think that's what you get.  Works fine while the project is open, but can't seem to reconnect the tracks to the buckets on a load.

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

By BandLab I guess they mean the App/Online thing not Cakewalk by Bandlab? I've done Bucket assign in Cakewalk.

My issue is that some of the channels restes to default on opening and some of the bucket assign is missing.

But I read up in the thread that it could be related to Track names with odd characters?

Anybody else with these issues?

Edited by Morten Nørgreen Fremming