CLA MixHub intro / Waves

Hidden Symmetry

The first plugin of its kind, CLA MixHub captures the smooth console workflow and rich analog sound of legendary mixer Chris Lord-Alge. Mix up to 64 tracks – all from the same plugin window – using channel strips modeled from CLA’s personal console. Mix musically, within the context of a song, as swiftly and effortlessly as your ideas come.

Reg. $199.00 / Sale: $69.00

included in Mercury, Pro Show / SD7 Pro Show

https://www.waves.com/plugins/cla-mixhub

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Thanks 1

Got it with Mercury.  I think it's the first "free" plugin I've gotten out of the deal (Sibilance I got the give away version so it doesn't count).

Played with it for an hour or so.  It's kind of painful to use really (Waves needs to get on the resize bandwagon).  Cubase and Cakewalk both have everything in the mix console views to cover what this does for workflow.

So I guess that leaves the sound.  As the SSL desk/console sound I think I like Scheps Omni Channel better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Isn't it what ProChannel is all about? I chose Sonar for this functionality. Obviously CLA plugins sounds somewhat different, but I prefer the workflow of the ProChannel. It's so genius!

BTW, did anyone notice that Chris is talking to me?

4:20 -- "It really gives you a sense of what you're getting, Soundwise!"

Serious question:

How to use the plugin?  Do you put one instance of it on every track, or what?  I don't understand how it interfaces with the daw.

5 minutes ago, Mike Docy said:

4:20 -- "It really gives you a sense of what you're getting, Soundwise!"

Serious question:

How to use the plugin?  Do you put one instance of it on every track, or what?  I don't understand how it interfaces with the daw.

From what I can gather from the video it works like this:

1. You put one instance on every track, this "registers" this track with the plugin
  2. You then go to the assign tab (from any instance of the plugin), which lists the registered tracks.
  3. You then assign the registered tracks to buckets

So the display CLA has of 4 instances showing each tab, is 4 separate instances (from any 4 random tracks) with the appropriate tab and bucket selected.

So in essence, you can control all tracks from any instance. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Mike Docy said:

Serious question:

That's easy! Just insert this plugin across all tracks you want to mix with it. Then assign each track to a subgroup, e.g., Kick and Snare to Drums group (Chris like to call them buckets), guitar tracks to Guitar group or buckets, etc.

Then you'll be able to open any instance of the plugin and mix from there  the way Chris does with his console.

• Thanks 1

In Cakewalk and Cubase CLA Mix Hub (vst3 version) gets the track name from the DAW.  In that video it looks like he had to type the track names by hand.  Is that a Studio One problem?

Handy Cakewalk/SONAR tip, if you mult-select tracks(select the track number in the mix/trackview) and hold ctrl while dropping a plugin it will add it to every selected track.  Can be a big time saver with this.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 1:28 PM, Soundwise said:

Isn't it what ProChannel is all about? I chose Sonar for this functionality. Obviously CLA plugins sounds somewhat different, but I prefer the workflow of the ProChannel. It's so genius!

BTW, did anyone notice that Chris is talking to me?

:D

I loved her post. After the oohs and ahs comes the voice of reason, do I really need another plugin?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

Zo's Video

Thks Larry for sharing , really surpised by the sonic quality alone , the workflow is great , could be even better !!! 

CPU hit is ruff !!!  

I didn't yet upgraded my mercury , i keep waiting to be worth of it , but with relase at 29 , 49 i'll have to wait for a couple of release , hard to resiste this one and the omnichannel

for fast A/B to hear the sounds of it on drums go at 36 min for session set up go a 14 min !

Cheers

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2