A-Pro300 setup

sadicus

Hi, anyone have this and know how to set it up in CBB? I've read all the forum advice, looking for images or a video of it working and what the actual controller window is suppose look like etc.

A-Pro300
CTRL MAP 0 + ACT button is on, now what?

CBB> Utilities (Where is the "A-Pro-1" in the dropdown list?

apro1.jpg

thank you.
Downloaded the "Sonar" control maps, The Control Maps do not have anything listed for Cakewalk or Sonar.
This is exactly why the request is for Video or Images. not more words on a page.

Do you have a control map for Cakewalk to share? Why would Cakewalk make a controller and not have a default Control Map?

CM.jpg

Edited by sadicus

Sorry I can't help you with video or images - I think there are more explanations in that legacy forum that may be able to help if you search. 

The control map as far as I can recall is stored within the Apro - press the left button below the LED display twice and it will then give you the option to choose a control map - I think it may be set at 0 as default but if not set it as that by turning the dial and pressing when it gets to 0

Have you installed the Apro programme that should have come with the A300? If it haven't got it you can download it from the Roland website I think

I haven't delved any deeper than using the standard control map but only really use the keyboard, knobs and sliders and transport bar - all work ok though I have never got the pads to work but haven't spent any time trying to

• Like 1

Hey the post was very helpful, thanks! I have the Editor Installed, current win 10 drivers, but no control map. and it should not be the case to program the very basic start/stop/ rec/ etc.

on the physical A-Pro, is "ACT" suppose to be on?

..."Sonar ACT Map 2" = 19 How to save that out of the A-Pro?

Edited by sadicus

this is what I just did to get the map out of the physical controller.
A-Pro LCD Window = CTRL MAP 19 "Sonar ACT Map 2"
CTRL MAP 19 is the default that has all the basics.

1) set physical A-Pro to CTRL MAP 1
2)  open AProEditor Options> midi devices
IN = A-PRO 2
OUT = A-PRO
3) Click Revieve
4) after the map is loaded save it to the hard drive

apr1.jpg

• Like 1