audio interface

david innes

i am trying to set up my  recording set up in cakewalk .when i connect my audio interface to cakewalk it says connected.  i have been going through the cakewalk basic video on youtube , stopping and acting at every stage . been through preferences got to the bit where it says add track and click on the + box  i find in the input setting it just say none 

can anyone help please 

Edited by david innes
desporate to get started

27 minutes ago, david innes said:

been through preferences got to the bit where it says add track and click on the + box  i find in the input setting it just say none 

can anyone help please 

Have you defined your audio interface in Cakewalk. what driver mode is enabled in Cakewalk?  An audio interface is Something like a MOTU or Focusrite or RME.  Lets say you hve a MOTU interface, you would go to MOTU's website and install their latest drivers onto your PC. Then you would run the wave profiler in Cakewalk to set up your audio interface, making sure all the ins and outs are enabled and if you have something like a MOTU, then i using ASIO driver mode. But i do not know what you have, you never stated, so try all and see what works best for your pc and DAW

• Like 1

I have a presonus audio Interface or usb.   I did start to record with them  but they said my software was obsolete and suddenly my inputs were disabled. No matter what I do I can't get them to work .

When I go to edit ..then preferences .. audio driver s and devices the inputs say none. And this called freindly name , something is obstructing changing to audio USB it's saying that I need permission.. and edit cannot be done ... I might have to buy a different Interface .. don't buy presonus what ever you do

David,

your Presonus work with ASIO driver,so you must set ASIO driver allso in Cakewalk.

Go to Edit....Preferencis....Audio...Playback and Recording and on Driver mode chouce ASIO driver in drop dowen menu....

That shuld work

BDW do you instal driver for your Presonus ?

Edited by Dusan Sustarsic