Workspaces Problem

Heinz Hupfer

Hi:)

If I have activated a Workspace, it start with the last screenset. (CbB Window elapsed on 2 Monitors and FullScreen)

Now let's say I have Screenset 2 with Track View on the left, Console View on the right Monitor with Multidock undocked.

If I now want to have Multidock FullScreen and want to save the workspace, I can't see the Workspace Button. If I switch to a screenset where I can see it and save the workspace there it starts with that screenset.

If I go to screenset 2 and press "D" so that I can see the Workspaces Button and save it, on next start Multidock is minimized.

So how can I get a Fullscreen Multidock on the 2nd Monitor and save this state to a workspace when I can't see Workspace Button? 

Not possible:) A Shortcut or a Menuitem to save it or the workspace Button on the left side would help or does anybody know a workaround?

Thanks;)

Bassman.

(CbB Window elapsed on 2 Monitors and FullScreen)

Do you mean you have one instance of Cakewalk stretched across two monitors?  I am trying to understand how the Workspace button would not be visible.

Since I have my monitors at different resolutions, I have Cakewalk open up on my main monitor and have parts of Cakewalk placed on the second monitor.

That way the Workspace button/dropdown is always in the upper right of my main monitor.  One of my Workspaces has a full Console [in the MultiDock] on monitor 2. If I press D, the MultiDock/Console toggles between minimized and full screen.

image.thumb.png.e37682efd51923d90396d24a439e4fc7.png

Above: this Workspace opens with some plug-ins on monitor 2 based on the project loaded. Pressing D then D again places the MultiDock/Console on top of the plug-ins. I have a different Workspace with just the Console on monitor 2.

(The black space on the top left is because the monitors have different resolutions and that's the way PrntScrn captures it.  I don't see the black space on the monitor.)

Edited by User 905133
to fix typo
  • Like 1

HI:)

I have  Screenset 1 set to a large Track View over 2 monitors with the same resolution and the only way to do that is to enlarge the program window ober both monitors.

1444260143_Workspaces3.thumb.png.cb72ce6de9ca7091200507d08f79296f.png

For the next screenset I have Track View on monitor 1 and Console View or PRV or Synth Rack a.s.o on monitor 2

648305333_Workspaces1.thumb.png.0e65853be9ba9c9d4ab95eee8b5be990.png

With non Fullscreen you can save the workspace, but now I make multidock full screen...

100600318_Workspaces2.thumb.png.063cd52be83a848d829c214b7d3c9aca.png

And it is invisible, I can't save it in this multidock position....

A Shortcut would help to save it....

Thanks;)

Bassman.

If I understand the 3 different screen shots, the third one has the problem.  It looks like either (1) you have a floating window (prochannel / track header section / track clip section) covering/blocking the window with the Workspace selection drop down button on the left side or (2) the Console / MultiDock on the right  side is blocking the Workspace button.

I am guessing its (2)--I think you are saying that when you make the MultiDock Full-Screen on the right side, it blocks the button  because the menu bar is full screen.

If that's what is going on, I will try to duplicate that, even with my non-side-by-side monitors.  I think the steps you have are good and maybe staff can try to reproduce it, too.  Out of curiosity, does the problem go away if you have a Workspace with the menu bar window just on the left screen? (I haven't tried; so, not sure if that gets saved with a Workspace. )

Hi:)

I have worked many years with the control bar on the top. But since a year or so  with 3 large 42" screens it's better to have the control bar in the middle as a floating window or in the bottom or hidden if not used....

Doesn't help either cause it then is behind the multidock window.

Not a big problem:)  A cosmetical.......if this is the right english word for it....

Bassman.

1 hour ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

I have worked many years with the control bar on the top. But since a year or so  with 3 large 42" screens it's better to have the control bar in the middle as a floating window or in the bottom or hidden if not used....

Doesn't help either cause it then is behind the multidock window.

Thanks for the explanation. I have also had issues with floating windows getting hidden behind other things. I use "C" to bring the Control Bar on top.

Because I have different resolutions on my two monitors, I cannot duplicate what you have without changing my screen resolution.  However, I was able to re-create your hidden Workspace drop down button by expanding the MultiDock to a full screen. See screen shot 3 below.

In all cases, "C" brings the floating Control Bar to the top. However, I can dock the Control Bar to the main, double-wide window in such a way that I can't see it without moving things around.  So, if you have a double-wide or triple-wide "main" window, it makes sense to me to do what you do--float the Control Bar.

We all have different workflows, so this is not a problem for me.  I have more of a problem with my Staff View Workspaces because the Tools Module cannot be placed on the top bar of the Staff View Window.

Not sure this helps you find a solution that works for you, but it does confirm that we can set up things that hide important features. I guess that's the price we pay for flexibility--the ability to do things that hide what we don't want hidden.

1   image.thumb.png.1a93c47d50d8c05f9c121ab921d0fa1f.png 

2   image.thumb.png.9fc2903419126271dc9355e6081ec9e8.png

image.thumb.png.b489619109f589373aea951a1f5c073b.png

Edited by User 905133