Canadian Baseball

Rain

I thought you were literally going to try and sell Canadian Baseball as an interesting thing for a minute there.

Times sure have changed - when I was a boy hockey was what girls did because they were useless at football. These days they're still useless at football but they play it regardless.

soccer-players-pretend-theyre-hurt.png

I played both, plus American Football, lacrosse, 12 years of baseball and... a bunch of other stuff (except basketball - I was terminally white).  All in addition to being a National-level speed skater, National-level dart player, and a AA-level Two-man Beach volleyball player (pros are AAA).  It was all fun!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 3:56 AM, paulo said:

Times sure have changed - when I was a boy hockey was what girls did because they were useless at football. These days they're still useless at football but they play it regardless.

Ah, so you've had gender reassignment, eh?  That explains a lot.  😆

Just kidding...  But I think you're talking about Field Hockey, not Ice Hockey (which is what the guys play).  I've had over 220 stitches from playing hockey (several injuries from getting cut by the ice, a stick or the puck).  I managed to keep all my teeth somehow though.

Edited by craigb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, craigb said:

All in addition to being a National-level speed skater, National-level dart player, and a AA-level Two-man Beach volleyball player

... not forgetting International-level loudmouth. Which would explain the hockey injuries.

Edited by Wibbles
Sorry. My British sensibilities meant I couldn't resist. And also meant that I had to apologise.

Those guys in tights who spend most of their time bending over in rows,  passing a cigar-shaped object between their legs, staring at each other butt and then trying to pin each other down? 

Yeah, I guess that's the kind of sport where girls are not allowed - they just wouldn't get it. ;)

But if you really are into big strong hairy men, I guess you can always look up Dave The Hammer Schultz, Bob Probert, Dave Williams, or Terry Tasmanian devil O'Reilly.  Should satisfy your urges and cravings.  ;) 

Be advised though - they don't just try to pin each other down - they actually beat the crap out of each other.  Teeth flying all around, blood everywhere - even blades to the face... Might be too much for a football fan.

(FWIW, all jokes aside, this Canadian IS doing his best to get acquainted with football).

enhanced-buzz-orig-2314-1356105996-5.jpg

Edited by Rain

If you're still not convinced, off the top of my head, I could introduce you to Clint Malarchuk, Borje Salming or that poor kid playing junior league in Ontario who practically had his leg sectioned by a skate a few weeks ago...

Me, I suffered a few concussions, a broken arm, injured knees - but overall, I inflicted more damage than I suffered (I was a nasty player, I'm told). But that's all very superficial compared to those guys, or Jacques Plante and Terry Sawchuck (last photo), who stopped pucks with their face...

CwYK6R-UkAAQhr7.jpg

7zsxzmnq7n001.jpg

e9d37b2e728e54ccbd5c0cc1fd5c5d7b_md.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Rain

4 hours ago, paulo said:

football-v-handegg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Nice, except according to the Brits, the one on the left is actually called Soccer.  It's short for "Association Football" used to distinguish it from "Rugby Football."  All countries that have other types of football (correctly named or not), tend to still use "Soccer" to differentiate them. 😁

Sports-Argentine%20girlies.jpg

13 minutes ago, craigb said:

Nice, except according to the Brits, the one on the left is actually called Soccer.  It's short for "Association Football" used to distinguish it from "Rugby Football."  All countries that have other types of football (correctly named or not), tend to still use "Soccer" to differentiate them. 😁

Hmm ... er, yes and no.  :D

1 hour ago, craigb said:

Yeah, and I can't wait until they either get VAR to work (and quickly) or just go back to letting the refs screw up games.  It's getting hard to watch with all the stupidity!

Apparently next year they're just going to come right out and call it LAR. :)