The Alpine Project - free orchestral Kontakt library

Cristian

Didn't find this library here, so I thought why not let you peeps know about it?

Only found out about it recently, and it's called The Alpine Project.

https://alpineproject.wixsite.com/main/libraries

Obviously you need full Kontakt.

The quality IS a bit all over the place, some instruments (brass, clarinet, some of the strings) sound half-decent, others sound like PS2-era game samples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Cristian.

Also some great deals of very usable but smaller libraries around. If money is tight no need to go spending a king's ransom on libraries. One in particular comes to mind

Soundiron's Hyperion strings. 49.00 US clams buys you a lot of string power. HYPERION STRING MICRO

Just used these on my last project.

If a person has Kontakt they have some decent strings included too. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starise said:

Thanks Cristian.

Also some great deals of very usable but smaller libraries around. If money is tight no need to go spending a king's ransom on libraries. One in particular comes to mind

Soundiron's Hyperion strings. 49.00 US clams buys you a lot of string power. HYPERION STRING MICRO

Just used these on my last project.

If a person has Kontakt they have some decent strings included too. Just sayin'.

Oh, absolutely.
IIRC the Full Kontakt Factory Library has string samples from VSL. Yeah, a much older version, but still usable today.
About the only thing Kontakt doesn't include is a good/serious choir.
Soundiron has plenty of those to choose from, both cheaper Micro versions and more expensive ones.

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to use the Alpine Project VST (Cakewalk + Kontakt).

It works somehow. Some of the sounds are interesting.

However, as soon as midi playing stops, the sound either changes or mutes.
E.g. "b - Trumpet 1.kni" totally mutes after stop or pause, so that if I resume playing, I can hear no sound.
The VST still seems to get the midi data, but no sound can be heard.
To restore the sound, I found no other way than closing-reopening the Cakewalk file, or removing-reinstanciating the VST.

After expermienting a while, I found this:

On first reading (sound OK), there is some sort of cursor stuck at about 2/3 of this curve (dynamic response?).

image.png.45e204791aeb40bd4ed11331fc56f08d.png

On subsequent readings (no sound), the cursor is stuck at the very left of the curve (level = 0, I assume).

image.png.f7b22d54af37f877df1462627bca8742.png

Does that make sense to anyone? Why would this cursor get stuck after first reading?

There seems to be a workaround, namely: drag the left handle of the curve upward. This way, the cursor is still stuck on the left, but the level makes the sound audible. The "Invert" option seems to fix it also. But still...