presonus faderport issue

Silvio Gazquez

Question

Hey there,

So i bought a presonus faderport classic to use it in cakewalk but i can't seem to have it work.

Cakewalk  does recognize it on devices tab but when i go to add a new surface I dont see it on control surface as the presonus website indicates. 

There's a list of other controllers but no presonus. I have attached a file to show that.

Already wrote to presonus support but maybe someone can enlighting me here. Thanks!

cakalk.jpg

6 answers to this question

I have a FaderPort 16, and it works fine, but does use Mackie ACT settings to work.

Here are the steps for getting that to work - perhaps something like this would work for you?  These instructions follow making sure the FaderPort is declared in Midi Devices in Preferences (actually declared twice, because the Mackie protocols are 8-port, but that is only relevant for the 16 channels that the FaderPort 16 supports).  Anyways, perhaps the following might work for you, or get you close?

image.png.4c21d552af436b6dbd48684277806cfc.png

CLASSIC FADERPORT::: The trick is to copy the faderport.dlls to the cakewalk shared surfaces folders, and register them.

C:\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces

I added '64' to the 64 bit file.

1) Close SONAR, if open.

2) Enter the Run prompt by holding the Windows key and pressing R

3) Then copy and paste the following into the Run prompt:

regsvr32 "C:\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces\faderport.dll" 

regsvr32 "C:\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces\faderport64.dll"

4) Press OK and you will see a message saying that DllRegisterServer succeeded

5) Open SONAR and add the FaderPort as a Controller/Surface, as outlined in the guide

SOLVED- FP NEEDED TO BE IN MCU MODE....

I recently built a windows 11 machine, and i cannot get the Faderport V2(single fader version) to work with it.

I have the lastest firmware 3.51

I see the faderport in the midi devices but the controller will not seem to work. I have tried all the Mackie modes and the Faderport mode(which is in brackets under the "controller/Surface" menu for some reason.

Any ideas?

In general i am having trouble getting all midi stuff to work with windows 11 and Cakewalk. Is there a fix or something?

IMG_5863.thumb.JPG.213d489a0b6d5d70ed493e2e3f2c88b9.JPG

IMG_5864.JPG.9eeff9d9e87c0a39f70fb9f366cc3765.JPG

Edited by Green Needle