I deleted Melodyne manually

user7130568476827510

Question

Hi, as the title says, I deleted Melodyne manually because i placed it in the wrong drive and I was so sleepy that I didn't even think of trying to uninstall/move files first.

I uninstalled Bandlab, Cakewalk, Melodyne in hopes of getting a fresh start but as I open the Bandlab Assitant the box for Studio Instrument Suite, Melodyne and Drum Replacer were already checked so I assume all of them are already installed. So i tried these steps:

To open the Melodyne editor

To open the interface of a Region FX, do one of the following:

Double-click the Region FX clip.

Right-click the Region FX clip, and select Region FX > Melodyne > Open Editor.

The Region FX plug-in interface appears in the MultiDock view.

but all i see is Vocal Sync. I am very new to Digital Audio Workspace and it's my first DAW.  

Edited by user7130568476827510
I discovered  Plugin Manager but I still don't see any melodyne

3 answers to this question

Like most Windows program uninstalling BandLab Assistant does not remove what it has written to the registry. Bandlab Assistant uses the registry to keep track of what it has installed. It writes into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Installers. I cannot tell you which key contains the Melodyne install info because I already owned a full version of Melodyne and did no install the demo bundled with CbB.

The VST3 specification calls for all VST3 plug-ins to be installed into C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. Although CbB does not require all VST3 plug-ins be installed in the VST3 spec'ed directory it is a really good idea to follow the the spec. Melodyne as a Region FX uses the VST3 plug-in.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, scook said:

Like most Windows program uninstalling BandLab Assistant does not remove what it has written to the registry. Bandlab Assistant uses the registry to keep track of what it has installed. It writes into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Installers. I cannot tell you which key contains the Melodyne install info because I already owned a full version of Melodyne and did no install the demo bundled with CbB.

The VST3 specification calls for all VST3 plug-ins to be installed into C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. Although CbB does not require all VST3 plug-ins be installed in the VST3 spec'ed directory it is a really good idea to follow the the spec. Melodyne as a Region FX uses the VST3 plug-in.

Thank u so much I've been trying to install cakewalk but it didn't let me and this worked I'm so happy thank uuuu

1 hour ago, 에스더_Wolfie said:

Thank u so much I've been trying to install cakewalk but it didn't let me and this worked I'm so happy thank uuuu

I am glad you found a solution.

FWIW, this is an old thread and there is a much easier method today.

Unlike BandLab Assistant, the Cakewalk Web Installer does not keep track of previously installed add-ons. It will permit re-install without editing the registry.