Is it possible for the "help module" to default to expand?

yeto

Question

4 answers to this question

8 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

Its probably linked to Workspaces or Screensets.

Are you saving a Workspace or do you have a Workspace loaded, or is it set to None ?

I had it set to "advanced". I now have it saved to "none" and it seems to be working better.

Just did some tests to try to understand the visibility, state, and size of the Help Module (as part of my continuing attempts to learn about the interactions between locked and unlocked screen sets [per project visibility +] and Workspace storage and recall). I have not come anywhere close to mastering it, but maybe this helps:

(1) "Y" [if not excluded through a Workspace or other setting]  makes the Help Pane visible and/or toggles between Collapsed and Expanded (depending on other things, such as a floating Browser.

(2) The visibility, state, and size can be saved on a per project basis as a locked or unlocked screen set.

(3) A Workspace [global] can be created so the Help Module gets restored as part of the Workspace--either the last Workspace you used or by switching.

(4) I am not sure of the minimal Workspace settings needed to restore the Help Pane visibility + settings, but I had success with:

image.png.dd0d9617dc3bdb5a0f851531cb7ef96c.png                    image.png.2e991cfd8823d900294cc427e5d9d821.png   

Not sure restoring Display Settings are needed for a minimal Workspace.

(5) It seems to be possible to crash Cakewalk (sudden disappearance/shutdown) by changing Workspaces too much or too soon (possibly related to PC memory size).

Edited by User 905133
to add "[global]" after "Workspace"