Overloud TH-U

Hidden Symmetry

Overloud TH-U

Overloud announces TH-U, the evolution of the multi-awarded TH3 guitar amp simulation plugin.
The product will be released on February.
Customers who purchased TH3 Full after Jan 7th are eligible for a free upgrade to TH-U Full.

What’s New
In addition to the models available in TH3, TH-U includes:

15 new amplifiers, including the Superlead and Superbass models, Polytone jazz amplifiers and DVmark Triple 6 head
    14 new cabinets
    Rig Player, reproduces profiles captured from real rigs with the R2M (Rig To Model) technology
    Amp Tweaks, mod amplifiers by customizing pre and power tubes
    A Shimmer Reverb and a Shimmer Delay
    An improved and redesigned Cabinet IR module
    A new multitrack looper
    Search function on the preset banks

Rig Player
TH-U is able to load rig profiles created by sampling real setups.
The Rig To Model (R2M) proprietary technology allows Overloud engineers to sample and capture the response of an entire rig, including the nonlinear and dynamic response of the amplifier, the cabinet, the microphones, the mic preamplifier and the room sound. Rig To Model technology allows to capture both analog and digital setups. The Rig Player, integrated into TH-U, allows to reproduce any nuance of the sampled rigs.
Overloud is currently sampling artist rigs and will release expansion libraries of them later.

Amp Tweaks
Thanks to its innovative dsp technology, TH-U features a new panel which allows to change the pre and power tubes models, as well as to simulate the action of a variac. This allows to mod any amplifier model with an almost limitless combination of tubes and opens the product to new sound capabilities.

Learn more at overloud.com/thu

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 5:00 PM, TheSteven said:

My question is pricing of upgrading TH3 to TH-U

Hey TS, I just had an email from Overloud with upgrade pricing from full TH3 to TH-U -->

Until Feb 28th the intro pricing is €49 or $59 (after the intro pricing it will be €89 or $99).

I will definitely be doing the upgrade which is around 43 GBP currently.

Thanks for the original post HS.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

Hey TS, I just had an email from Overloud with upgrade pricing from full TH3 to TH-U -->

Until Feb 28th the intro pricing is €49 or $59 (after the intro pricing it will be €89 or $99).

I will definitely be doing the upgrade which is around 43 GBP currently.

Thanks for the original post HS.

That's a very reasonable price ZT, and I'm definitely with you on this. 👍 

9 minutes ago, Mesh said:

That's a very reasonable price ZT, and I'm definitely with you on this. 👍 

Hey, good to see you here Mesh 😎

Yes it seems like a no brainer although I might just hang on to see if JRR etc can do it any cheaper as I still have some credit with some vendors which should knock a bit more off the price. 

Thanks for that Larry. I was confused with the initial upgrade offer, since on the Overloud site itself it is listed as 59 Euros versus 49 Euros (I checked ZincT's post twice to make sure I didn't misread it). It is still day one, so that will probably play out shortly, and others are lower.

Regardless, can nab the demo now to check it out. Ironically, when I watched the video when this thread first posted, what immediately stuck out for me was the search box in the lower left corner of the GUI (finally!). I am very curious to try out the new Rig Player and Amp Tweak features (swapping tubes is a royal PITA and not cheap).

Maybe I should demo it first. Not really impressed with the tones so far. Shimmering reverb is just OK, Rig Player... well, maybe it'll grow on me with some great online profiles, but the provided profiles are nothing to write home about. I get better tones with AT4 and RV4, which also allows to use profiled amps/pedals/rigs, and tweak schematics when needed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

there is a slate version to be included in their subscription.  There is said to be an upgrade from the Slate version to the full, but I can't imagine it will be less than $59 from version 3. 

I'm still waiting on the Slate update...supposed to be more also in the Slate Bundle...looking forward to that!

Edited by cclarry

I just noticed that I received an email this morning time stamped 8:29 AM PST from Time+Space...

Subject: Time+Space Music Production Tools <news@timespace.com>

Claim Your Exclusive Overloud TH-U Upgrade Discount Today
Use your special Loyalty Discount Code* below when you checkout for an extra 10% off the sale price.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

*Discount code valid until Feb 16th at 9am GMT.

Maybe because I bought TH3 from them.
The discount plus the loyalty points from buying TH3 should add up to a nice sale price.

Edited by TheSteven