How do I set "Lens" to default to "Custom"?

yeto

Question

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, yeto said:

How do I set "Lens" to default to "Custom"?

Good question.  All my Workspaces come up with [Workspace].  So, I unchecked "Track Control Manager" from the "Load from Workspaces" column.

That seems to work for me. It keeps the Workspace from changing what you have. So if you have "Custom" as the previous Track Control configuration, when you switch Workspaces, it should stay as "Custom."

BTW, it looks like the Track Control setting can be saved with Screensets.  

Thank you for asking!! I have wondered how to do that myself, but never allowed myself the time to explore it.  You gave me the perfect opportunity to move it to the top of my "to-do" list.

image.png.1423add01788ccf9fd0976343368952a.png

So, if I shut down Cakewalk with (1) my "==> MIDI" set of track widgets on the Track Control drop down button and (2) my "TEST" Workspace as my last Workspace before shutting down, "==> MIDI" is there when I load a new project.

image.png  

PS: I am not sure if we can force a specific set of Track Controls from a Workspace. 

Edited by User 905133
to add the "==> MIDI" example

The way I have done it requires some programming (using AutoHotKey) and is definitely a workaround

I have written an AutoHotKey script that first puts my desired workspace in the registry.  Then runs Cakewalk

When Cakewalk runs, it always runs with my desired workspace selected at start up.

10 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Good question.  All my Workspaces come up with [Workspace].  So, I unchecked "Track Control Manager" from the "Load from Workspaces" column.

That seems to work for me. It keeps the Workspace from changing what you have. So if you have "Custom" as the previous Track Control configuration, when you switch Workspaces, it should stay as "Custom."

BTW, it looks like the Track Control setting can be saved with Screensets.  

Thank you for asking!! I have wondered how to do that myself, but never allowed myself the time to explore it.  You gave me the perfect opportunity to move it to the top of my "to-do" list.

image.png.1423add01788ccf9fd0976343368952a.png

So, if I shut down Cakewalk with (1) my "==> MIDI" set of track widgets on the Track Control drop down button and (2) my "TEST" Workspace as my last Workspace before shutting down, "==> MIDI" is there when I load a new project.

image.png  

PS: I am not sure if we can force a specific set of Track Controls from a Workspace. 

Thank you. That helped.

yeto

• Like 1