NAMM 2020 "Made with Cakewalk" submissions

Noel Borthwick

Hi folks,

Like we did last year at NAMM we'd like to showcase a few projects featuring the diverse work that you all do.  At the booth, we like to have a playlist of projects that show the breadth of work done by our users with Cakewalk by BandLab.  If you would like to have one of your projects considered for our showcase please post a link to the music in this thread with maybe a screenshot of the loaded project if possible.

If you have a great sounding project that were produced primarily in CbB and showcases the application please post a link to the music in this thread with a screenshot of the loaded project. An easy way to audition mixes is to publish a mix of your project to BandLab and embed the BandLab link. (click the bandlab icon on the toolbar in the post editor to embed)
The ones we picked last year should give you some guidelines on stuff that could work as a demo. NAMM can be noisy!

Guidelines:

• We need a project file for a submission so please don't list songs that you cannot submit as a project file.
  • All projects will be played from a Surface Book 2.  We have some pretty heavy projects that play fine on the SB but freezing  tracks might be required if the load is too much.
  • Plug-ins. We normally have a suite of all Cakewalk plugins  as well as some of the more popular third party plugins installed (Waves, NI, Melodyne, Slate Digital, FabFilter, ..) Please indicate what 3rd party plug-ins are used in every submission. If accepted we'll try and accommodate installing the plugins used if resources are available.
  • We're looking for some diverse material so things like modern electronic music, film scores, jazz, metal, rock, etc are all viable candidates.
  • Project's that showcase heavy use of certain features or production techniques are also viable candidates. e.g vocal comping, multi tracked drums, vocalsync, melodyne, advanced mixing, parallel compression, sidechaining, etc.
  • We can also accommodate video files if the project has a video to accompany it. Video projects are attractive for demos. If you do have a video preferably submit a MPEG file or a format compatible for playback within CbB . The video must be synced to the audio.
  • You must have rights to share the music and may need to sign a release form 
  • Accepted projects will need to be uploaded to a shared folder or a download link will need to be provided by you 

Time is short so we'll need these by end of next week to get prepped.

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 2

Awesome, I'll be at Namm with GHS Strings, looking forward to saying hi again Noel. 

I have two for you, both released 2019:

Voyager at the Heliopause 

Ambient instrumental, with lyrics in morse code. Here's a music video with 3D animation I did - all of which are scientifically accurate recreations of Voyager's journey through the solar system. 

Drive 

Synth heavy dance track with vocals. 

image.thumb.png.77e21bdeea54dd77f881ad82c8b05dad.pngimage.thumb.png.0e505266e781f645f4de3db5dcd1eec1.png

• Like 5

My first DAW was Cakewalk for DOS :)

This song, "Solo" 48hkz 24bit heavily utilizes Melodyne Studio, it has sidechaining on the vocals using Cakewalk's PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor to cut a vocal impression out of the mix.

Instrument Plugins: NI Session Guitarist Electric Sunburst, NI Scarbee Jay-Bass, Dimension Pro (pad name: "As Quiet As Possible"), NI Abbey Road 80s Drummer, NI Vintage Organs (patch, "Green Onions"), Guitar Lead: Orange Tree Samples Evolution Rock Standard Plugin (user made preset),  NI Symphony Series String Ensemble, 

Effects plugins: Kazrog - True Iron, Fab Filter Pro-L2, Heavy use of the CBB ProChannel, Overloud - Breverb 2, Overloud - ReMatrix possibly utilizing PerfectSpace impulse waves and 2 Overloud impulse packs, Nomad Factory Blue Tube DL3D, Waves Vocal Rider, Izotope Ozone 9 Imager.

Mixed on an Intel I9 12 core 24 thread processor w/Nvidia 1080TI graphics card, 16GB ram 3000mhz (overclocked),  

RexRed is currently #3 on Reverbnation's global charts for singer songwriter and is placing at #33 globally on the charts in all genres All of the over 200 songs of RexRed on Reverbnation are made in Cakewalk. http://rexred.com

RexRed- Flock of Angels  (gay romance) channel on YouTube receives an average of 2 million views a month, the original songs in the videos there were all made in Cakewalk. 😊.

The song, "Solo" is completely original and all rights are owned by RexRed.

All of the tracks have been frozen but they can be unfrozen to reveal the inner settings, just keep a copy of the project if it becomes corrupted by accidental edits/saves.

One of the guitar tracks is comprised of wave files created in an earlier version of the project so they cannot be unfrozen. I can create a new project and I could include them in the project muted if you wish. 

The genre of this project is, "psychedelic rock ballad" I would say, if this song is chosen as a candidate I will make the project available in a onedrive link.

As for the REmatrix impulses from PrefectSpace, a generic reverb could be assigned to these tracks if there are any problems, I can provide the impulses but they are all in the wave folder of PerfectSpace and the name of the impulse packs I have from Overloud are JPVerbs and Dusty Racks Volume 1. 

I have over 200 songs on Reverbnation, choose another song or several if you like.

Solo Cakewalk Screenshot NAMM.jpg

Edited by RexRed
text edits
  • Like 2

Here is a colab effort with about five other members of the forum. The only ones that aren't members of the forum is the singer and the drummer. This was all done in CbB from start to finish. We have the project files if needed.

Remember

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

@Noel BorthwickNice idea, man everything I do is 100% Cakewalk really, let me post an suggest the last thing I did, instrumental experimental, acoustic tracks and some oft synths:

Instruments played:

Ronrocos (2)

Charango

Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic and electric drums

Electric bass

Caxixis

Cymbals

Rhodes electric piano (Waves E88)

Wurlitzer (two different; Waves E200 and Arturia V1)

Some Kontakt freebies: Aurorror, DrumCircle Lite and Free Fall

Several Waves plugins fro metering and Master bus (see pic),

Two oldies as bus/send reverb:  Lexicon Hall reverb and the good old Perfect Space...

No other FX really.

photo by joshua earle

image.png

• Like 2

Noel

We record all our music in  Cakewalk by Bandlab.

All the tracks of our current album, Constantly Disappointed Toleration were recorded in Cakewalk by Bandlab - here's a link to the videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

The track below,  The Incredible Genesis of King Jethro's Pink Gong, was all done and mastered in Cakewalk by Bandlab

The third party plug-ins used included

Cytomic - The Glue

Izotope Ozone, RX7 and Trash 2

Sonnox Oxford Envolution

XLN Audio Drum Shaper

Voxengo Elephant

Kuassa Cerberus Bass Amp and Creme Amp Sims

McDSP Compressors

TB Barricade

XIL Labs LX122

PA Maag EQ4

Waves Factory Spectre

Pod Farm 2

UAD Roland RE 201

UVI Thorus

Variety of Sound Thrillseeker

Dmitry Sykes Tantra

Various  software and hardware synths

Cheers

Nigel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 2:19 AM, Jim Fogle said:

Bakers,

What songs made it to the "made with Cakewalk" NAMM 2020 playlist?

From what coverage I managed to see of  NAMM 2020, the bandlab stall didn't seem to even have a CW section on it and  they were just pushing some new bandlab feature that was so impressive I can't even remember what it was. I did see one video where the presenter/interviewer tried to turn the conversation on to the CW DAW and paraphrasing here the bandlab rep pretty much said, " yeah we have that too" before very quickly turning the conversation back to whatever the bandlab thing was. 

The lack of any CW response to this thread at all (a bit poor IMO, but maybe replies to individuals were sent via PM and I do CW/Noel a disservice by making the assumption that the thread has just been ignored) and also the lack of anything posted in the main forum about any CW stand seems to back up the impression that CW wasn't really represented for some reason. Maybe it's just considered to be old news now compared to the latest bright and shiny toy.

Whatever the case, probably time to bury this thread rather than have it pinned up top looking for all the world like people who took the time to respond were just completely blanked.

• Like 1

• Jesse Jost unfeatured and unpinned this topic