Suggested Mixer controler for Sonar X2

Pat D

Does anyone know what external midi mixer controller will work with Sonar X2 Essential? I tried the Akai Midimix and it is not compatible with Sonar of this version. I don't want to upgrade and relearn and set up DAW software again.

I find the Korg nanoKONTROL Studio an excellent low price controller, however I can't guarantee it will work with Sonar X2 Essential.

I'd strongly recommend upgrading to Cakewalk by BandLab though.

Pretty much 99% of Sonar X2's functionality will be exactly the same, so there shouldn't be anything to relearn. Also, it will happily sit beside Sonar X2, so you can always fall back to X2 if you want.

I had a lot of problems with the a800. First it didn’t integrate seamlessly with sonar. More importantly every piano sample sounded distorted or strange pitch in lower octave except for kontakt piano sample. One of  the other sampled pianos went from C to B when I moved up to Db a 1/2 step away. Mod wheel had a drop in vol for a 1/2 second when increasing modulation. Releasing modulation wheel dropped output to zero. I programed a slider as modulation, but that’s not how I want to work. Pluging oxygen 49 back in, all piano samples worked flawlessly in lower octave. On the maudio, you can program multiple velocities to trigger 3 different brass effects, not on a800. You also have option of programming Midi mmc for transport. Not on A800. I realize I’ve only had it 3 days,but maudio was up and running in 3 hours. Plus side was kybd felt great.