Midi keyboard problem

Johannes H

I have a Korg microkey 61 keyboard that have worked fine in Cakewalk all the time, but now it doesn`t work anymore. I have checked P-midi-devices.

It still works in Sonar and Mixcraft.

It started when I connected an M32 Komplete Kontrol to Cakewalk. I then disconnected the M32 KK and restarted the computer, but no luck.

It seems that Komplete Kontrol have screwed things up.

I have Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

See  what's available and enabled under Preferences > MIDI > Devices.  If  that looks the same as in SONAR, and it's still not working, you might want to compare TTSSEQ.INI files in their respective paths under %appdata%\cakewalk. 

If problems persist, please clarify the symptoms of 'doesn't work'. Are you able to select it as an Input to a MIDI/Instrument track? If so, can you record MIDI from it even though you might not hear anything?

I asked whether you can record MIDI despite not being able to hear anything in order to determine whether it's a routing problem within Cakewalk, or a problem with MIDI actually not getting to the track input. If MIDI recording works, then it's just a matter of ensuring that the Output of MIDI track (or MIDI part of a Simple Intrument track) is properly assigned to the soft synth - with the correct channel if needed - and Input Echo is enabled.

%appdata%\cakewalk is a directory path with automatic substitution of path variables unique to your system (mainly the username). Enter that into any Windows Explorer window, and the relevant folder will be displayed with Cakewalk Core and SONAR Platinum subdirectories for those two applications.

Edited by David Baay

If the same project is working in SONAR, we know the driver and project routing are working. In addition to comparing TTSSEQ.INI files as noted, you should check Preferences > MIDI > Control Surfaces to see if the keyboard has been set up as a control surface in a way that's causing Note events to be 'stolen'. I haven't messed around with ACT (Active Controller Technology) for a long time, so not sure if you just need to re-configure it, or remove it altogether.

Edited by David Baay

Thanks for the reply.

There is nothing in P-midi-control surfaces.

I still don`t know what to do

Edit.

I just tried my microKORG XL+ as a midi keyboard, that one works as normal.

So it seems the problem is microKey/Cakewalk related

Edited by Johannes H