Waves Plugins updated to 10.0.58.60 to 62

cclarry

Thanks Larry.

After updating my Waves plugins the Waves license files could not be found (as reported during the CbB scan at startup).

I keep the licenses on my C drive and Waves Central showed that they were there.

Anyway, using Waves Central I moved them from C to the cloud and then back again from the cloud to C and they now scan fine. 😕

Go figure.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Larry.

After updating my Waves plugins the Waves license files could not be found (as reported during the CbB scan at startup).

I keep the licenses on my C drive and Waves Central showed that they were there.

Anyway, using Waves Central I moved them from C to the cloud and then back again from the cloud to C and they now scan fine. 😕

Go figure.

This is one of the reasons I will stop using Waves.   I don't have quirks like this with other plugins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Yeah, Melda are cool.

I hate the fact I have to buy 2 of everything with Waves.

It's nice tho that Waves have become cheap to help that out   iLok products now allow 2-3 installs but not Waves.

Edited by kitekrazy

8 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm going with Melda.  I can slap em on every machine in the house, lifetime updates.  They also seem to be pretty stable. 

I am building quite a collection of Melda plugins myself and I like what I have although I need to spend more time with some of them as they can be deep. 
I appreciate being able to install on my laptop as well as my main DAW PC.

I also have MXXXCore which I like the concept of.  I got the FreeFXBundle last year which is a no brainer for anyone wanting to dip their toes in the water and then I upgraded it to the paid version.

I also really like the Melda installer which is very fast and includes "cleanup" options. Waves could learn from this!

They are also good value thanks to the weekly deal, various sales and the 20 credit freebies they gave us last year.

I will probably get this deal before it's over --> https://vstbuzz.com/deals/75-off-mrhythmizermb-by-meldaproduction/ 

Edited by ZincT

After running this update through Waves Central for my purchased Wave products, the Waves plugin effects showed up in the plugin lists for Cakewalk and StudioOne v4.2.  All could be inserted as an FX in Cakewalk without problem.  But in StudioOne v4.2, there were some that would not initiate when I dragged them over from the Browser.  Specifically the Scheps OmniChannel and the Masserati series would not initiate at all. 

Updating Studio One to v4.3 did not change this behavior.  

I had another episode with Waves when updated to v10 from v9, but in that episode, the plugins wouldn't even show up in the browser.  so this behavior was a bit different.  

Since those specific plugins would initiate in Cakewalk, I should have looked and made sure that they were indeed updated.  But I didn't.  Just for scientific purposes!

so, I went back to Waves Central and ran the 'Repair' option under the 'Install' tab.  and then on a whim, I downloaded the Waves V9-V10 organizer from the Waves website, and ran it as administrator.  

And as if almost by magic, all the Waves plugins not only show up in the Browser in Studio One v4.3, but they all initiate and work correctly when placed as an 'Insert.'  So I am not sure which step was the definitive 'cure,' but either running the Organizer or re-installing fixed the issue.  

3 hours ago, balinas said:

I downloaded the Waves V9-V10 organizer from the Waves website

This is what got my Waves plugins working again after the v10 update.  I have a mix of v9 and v10, and am not looking forward to trying to do another update...

+1 on Melda!

Edited by mibby

On 1/24/2019 at 8:13 PM, msmcleod said:

Yeah, Melda are cool.

I hate the fact I have to buy 2 of everything with Waves.

I have all my Waves plugins and others authorized to a flash drive and have my Waves plugins, which is a ton, and others installed on both of my studio computers. I just move the flash drive to the computer I'm using, either my main control room rig or the laptop.  No problems.