Not A Deal: Preferred App in App integration

Sander Verstraten

Hi,

I'm curious: with Reason 11 as a  VST, (haven't used it yet), what is your preferred/the most stable App in App integration. VST, ARA, ReWire?

And what kind of apps would you like to see integrated in your DAW? I for one, am still waiting for some kind of integration of GuitarPro in a DAW.  This is one point where I could see a real benefit to my workflow.

As for which one I "prefer" it's VST2 by default just because it's the most mature and widest-used technology.

As for what kind of app I'd like to see get better integration with DAW's, that's always been audio editors such as Sound Forge, RX, Audacity, etc.

Both of the DAW's I use now use the, brute force method of passing the raw audio file off to the external program and then reading it back with whatever changes have been made, with both programs unaware of each other.

I'd love to see a protocol similar to ARA for handling this, that would allow for things like carrying over VST's and their settings between programs, minding zero-crossings, gaps, etc.