Speed up a slow mix

Mike Hockin

In the new Cakewalk version, you would hit CTL and Shift and then click the bottom left corner of the clip and drag it out with your mouse.

With SONAR Platinum, i'm pretty sure its you click CTL and ALT and click the bottom right corner of the clip and drag it out with your mouse

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply CJ.  CTL + ALT gives me the scissor tool and CTL + SHIFT looks like the right one.  However, when I move the mix clip slightly to try and speed up the tempo the bass sounds like it has echo on it.  Everything else seems okay.  Also, this is not a clip with with just one instrument or vocal track; it's an entire mix.  Would this matter?  Might only work on a single clip and not a final mix.  Not sure...

Thanks,

Hawky

Mike ,  I recently sped up every track on a new song after I tried recording a vocal track. It was easy for me because I knew my bpm.  First thing is slip edit the beginning of your song until it goes to all the way to the beginning of your time line on the left (if it doesn't already)  Second go to the very end of your song.  Note where it ends on the time line , slip edit it to an even number if you want to. Right click your "edit" tool and choose "stretching" . Change your bpm to a faster one.  Now grab the very end of your clip and slide it back to the same spot you ended on  before changing the bpm. The slip tool changes to a different looking one when you choose "stretching"   If you don't know your bpm , I guess anything would work if you increase it and use your ears.    Minor changes aren't even noticeable with the new elastique pro stretching in CbB.    Good luck ...    mark