Descent Into Madness

Mánibranðr Studios

Valerie , sounds like a tremendous amount of work went into this one , I especially liked the bowed sounding instrument coming in just before the half way point.  Sounds like a killer track for a vr game or video.  I really liked  this , it was quite a change from what I usually listen to.  Very Impressive ...  mark

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 8:06 AM, mark skinner said:

Valerie , sounds like a tremendous amount of work went into this one , I especially liked the bowed sounding instrument coming in just before the half way point.  Sounds like a killer track for a vr game or video.  I really liked  this , it was quite a change from what I usually listen to.  Very Impressive ...  mark

Thank you! That was a really nice aleatoric violin loop included with Cinematrix. In fact that whole Kontakt instrument and the fact that I was writing this in 7/8 are responsible for a lot of the unconventional decisions I've made for this track. I then added 2 Bass patches from Ultra Analog VA-3, two of my own design, one arpeggiated and the other manually scored for some low end reinforcement, and another one of my own keyboard patches for the bell-like riff at the middle. A lot of side-chains were involved to make the spaces fit.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:42 PM, kloon said:

Cool track, candy for the ears. :)

On 1/4/2020 at 9:00 PM, Grem said:

Nice tune. Mixed well. I liked it. Good work.

Thank you both kindly!

Edited by Freyja Grimaude-Valens
  • Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 12:26 PM, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

Industrial Cinematic Progressive Ambient theme

Ok, genres are "hard" for me to pin down, so thank you for that.
This is not in my "roundhouse", but I stayed with it to the end; so well done!
Had to google "polymath", guess my "liberal" education is getting a bit "musty" 45 plus years on...
Thumbs up on Power dat ***** as well. Maybe its the guitar that comes in at about 1:30?
No, you had my attention from the very start; great groove.
Among the Dark just popped up as I write this, I like this one too.
Please don't take any of my remarks as "flippant" or "condescending", I'm just not a "genre" guy; its either good, or not...

Tom

***** I was afraid of that, boy the software is touchy! Its a title for cris sakes!

Edited by DeeringAmps
added content
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

one by one the miners go down

victims of their exhaustion

but nevermind

there is an army of others

waiting in line

picking up the axes

stepping over the fallen

digging deeper