7th 8dio Freebie - Songwriting Guitar

Reid Rosefelt

With their libraries I always use the same method which has worked for me so far. They usually have a number of RARs part1, part2 etc plus a similar named RAR with a multi digit number at the end.

If you open each of these RARs (double click each one) you can see that they have been saved with a root folder called, in this case, "8DIO Songwriting Guitar v2".

So to unzip them I select them all, right click and select the Unzip Here option.

This creates a single folder called 8DIO Songwriting Guitar v2 with all of the necessary subfolders/content within it...

8DIO Songwriting Guitar v2
--- \Documentation
--- \Impulses
--- \Instruments
--- \Samples

The instruments to load in Kontakt are within the Intsruments folder. I then just move the 8DIO Songwriting Guitar v2 folder to my Kontakt Instruments folder and backup the rars to my backups drive.

This won't work unless the rars are saved with the same root folder so it's worth checking first.

Edited by ZincT
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Starise said:

You unzipped 3 folders clicked on the first folder and everything opened? Not happening here....I downloaded the files twice. Possible corruption from this server.

If it isn't going to open and I can't find the exe.... I'm not going to waste time.  I did email Troels to see what he says. There should be an exe in my folder. There isn't.

The  only reason you would need an exe is if you used it to automatically install those kontakt folders in a location on your sample drive. The EXE would basically be a self extracting program for those files. Otherwise you just manually extract the folders and place them where you want them. 

For what it's worth, I had the exact same issue as  you when V2 came out. After some back and forth with 8Dio it came down to the fact that the downloads loaded into my account were corrupt and they just needed to fix it on their end. They'll still make you go through the standard troubleshooting though before they check to find that out. I've got so many kontakt libraries and use so many of the different downloaders from the different developers that I'm fairly confident in my abilities to troubleshoot any kontakt library install issues on my own so when I get stumped I'm fairly certain it is an issue on the developers end and 9 times out of ten I'm right.  From the looks of your screenshot I'll bet it's the same issue I h ad and that it's on their end.

Edited by Patrick Derbidge

Thanks guys for jumping in to help. Patircvk I can relate because I have bought other libraries from them before and had issues. Been using Kontakt libraries for years and seem to have the most trouble with 8dio.

I couldn't multi select"  multiple RAR files for unpacking using CTRL in my unzip utility no matter which utility I used.  The way I made this work was weird to say the least.

After going to the second RAR for unzip the Z zip utility said it seen double files and asked about replacing them. Didn't make sense to say yes however when I said no it wouldn't unzip so I said yes. It then combined the two folders. After that I unzipped my instruments folder and physically moved it to to other folder. Now everything loads up and plays as it should. 

Definitely NOT intuitive and the instructions included are misleading. Maybe this will help someone else. 

clip5.JPG

24 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Not worth using the disk space. 

Still have a little room to grow now that I cleaned a few of my drives up .  I bought a 1TB SSD about a month ago that I wanted to hook up to add to these.  Haven't had the time to do it.

If I keep getting these kinds of libraries I'll run out of room fast.😬 Here my disk status as of now-

CLIP6.JPG

I always use the downloader and I have not had installation issues.

The main drawback of the downloader is you need twice the disc space on the target disc during the installation. The installation files can be deleted or moved after installation.

If you download on another computer you can still use the downloader and copy the library folder across to you DAW.